Only 18% are going back to the Note7

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I can see why when it will be 2 more weeks from today the 20th before my replacement comes in to Best Buy. Ridiculous. Never again Samsung. Next year moving onto something else.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did. Moved on to iPhone, I just hang around here to keep up with whats going on.
SS should just kill the N7 or I guess at this point they've already lost a ton of money so they might as well get what they can out of it.

One thing is for sure the next note should be rock solid although scaled back spec wise. I do hope they go with a non glass back.
And to all you reviewers out there...stop with the premium feel garbage, please and thank you. Plastic and metal are wonderful materials to use for phones. They can still do curved front glass using plas...I'm sorry polycarbonate. :)

If you have kept up with the Iphone 8 rumors, they *may* go back to the Glass back like the Iphone 4, soo if you don't like the glass back of the Note 7, you aren't going to like the new Iphone lol.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If you have kept up with the Iphone 8 rumors, they *may* go back to the Glass back like the Iphone 4, soo if you don't like the glass back of the Note 7, you aren't going to like the new Iphone lol.

What...I just got a Ip7+ why do I need to buy a new iP8+ next year?
That being said you are 100% right that I wont like it if they have a glass back. I didn't like the S7E or N7 with the glass backs either, but I owned both. :p

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think what alot of people are missing is, those who left didnt necessarily do so because of the Note 7 or the battery. They left because of Samsung as a company. They made a mess of a mess by handling this the way they did. I loved the note 7. Its the first phone I ever felt was perfect in every way but Samsungs customer service and how impossible they are to deal with pushed me away from them. I went back to Apple for the convenience factor. I know I can walk into my local Apple store and have any problem what so ever fixed for $99 with Applecare or $349 without it. I dealt with Samsung countless times with my S7 active and got pushed to my carrier every time. Then they did the same passing of the buck with the recall. Im hoping the Note 8 is flawless because I really want a Note but if there is a chance Ill have to deal with Samsung I will never give any of there phones another chance. I will wait at least 2 months for the Note 8 to be out and if theres no issues Ill buy one but if theres a single common flaw then forget it.

Am I happy with ios? Not really but I go back to them because the customer service, while not perfect, far exceeds Samsungs or any other phone company I know. Prime example, my kids 6 plus started acting up so we took it to the Apple store and in 9 minutes exactly we walked out with a new phone. The night before however they took 2 1/2 hours to correct her insurance being put on a random phone. In the end though I got answers and a fix in under 3 hours. Samsung took weeks to even give an explanation on what was going to happen.
That's what I fancy about owning an Apple product.

The generally quick and painless customer support.

Of course, I had a few fuzzy moments with them, but generally, I find them to be pretty good, especially that one time where they helped resolve an issue with my iPad Pro and Apple ID.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
While the statistics of this study may be flawed, there is little doubt that many N7 owners are not returning theirs for a replacement N7.

Based on studies like this along with refunds given already and other phones bought instead, it appears Samsung perhaps feels 500,000 N7s are enough for the exchange. At least, it looks that way to me. Otherwise with so few replacements, how could Samsung expect to quickly get all the bad N7's out of circulation and avoid more damage reports?

Last edited:

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Because sometimes all you want is a good solid phone with a company that provides great customer service and you're not into launchers, rooting, or icon changes. And you're not a Android or IPhone Fanboy, so all of this who is better than who crap means squat to you.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Uh.. this is a USA today survey monkey poll...no way to validate of the shipping 507 users that took it (which by the way...is a sample so tiny NO one would claim and kind of statistical viability), were even Note 7 owners....

OMG how dare you not respect poll statistics! Without them we would all not know what people want me to think.

And I did my own poll in which it is a 200% return rate... FYI... Survey covered 2 people, myself, who has gotten the new one, and my father who is going to buy it as soon as it comes back available for purchase.

Take that stats! You pseudo math.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think what alot of people are missing is, those who left didnt necessarily do so because of the Note 7 or the battery. They left because of Samsung as a company. They made a mess of a mess by handling this the way they did. I loved the note 7. Its the first phone I ever felt was perfect in every way but Samsungs customer service and how impossible they are to deal with pushed me away from them. I went back to Apple for the convenience factor. I know I can walk into my local Apple store and have any problem what so ever fixed for $99 with Applecare or $349 without it. I dealt with Samsung countless times with my S7 active and got pushed to my carrier every time. Then they did the same passing of the buck with the recall. Im hoping the Note 8 is flawless because I really want a Note but if there is a chance Ill have to deal with Samsung I will never give any of there phones another chance. I will wait at least 2 months for the Note 8 to be out and if theres no issues Ill buy one but if theres a single common flaw then forget it.

Am I happy with ios? Not really but I go back to them because the customer service, while not perfect, far exceeds Samsungs or any other phone company I know. Prime example, my kids 6 plus started acting up so we took it to the Apple store and in 9 minutes exactly we walked out with a new phone. The night before however they took 2 1/2 hours to correct her insurance being put on a random phone. In the end though I got answers and a fix in under 3 hours. Samsung took weeks to even give an explanation on what was going to happen.

Holy get over yourself batman! There is a serious and very easy reason you get your "better" care from Apple. Famous reason. Samsung does not write the software for your phone. Your carrier does. If there is a hardware flaw then it is up to the carrier and Samsung to fix it, not you and Samsung. Apple makes one damned thing. Just one! If there is a software flaw, they provided it and can change it on the spot. If there is a hardware flaw, the same thing! That's the beauty of an apple device. There is not many of them so supporting them is much easier. However the beauty of a Samsung device is you are able to go after the very high end, a middle of the road, and a low end device all from the same maker. Yes, android updates lag comparatively, but for good dang reason!

This apple knows how to do it better is just garbage. When you make one product all year it just is much easier.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Holy get over yourself batman! There is a serious and very easy reason you get your "better" care from Apple. Famous reason. Samsung does not write the software for your phone. Your carrier does. If there is a hardware flaw then it is up to the carrier and Samsung to fix it, not you and Samsung. Apple makes one damned thing. Just one! If there is a software flaw, they provided it and can change it on the spot. If there is a hardware flaw, the same thing! That's the beauty of an apple device. There is not many of them so supporting them is much easier. However the beauty of a Samsung device is you are able to go after the very high end, a middle of the road, and a low end device all from the same maker. Yes, android updates lag comparatively, but for good dang reason!

This apple knows how to do it better is just garbage. When you make one product all year it just is much easier.

I sense some anger there buddy. Relax, take a breathe and have a drink or 6. I havent had any software issues from Apple or Samsung, just hardware. And if a company cant properly support a flawed device because they make too many, well then that again is on them and maybe they should only make what they can handle. So Im not sure what you want me to get over about myself unless you dont want me to fault a company from not being able to support their product line. If you accept mediocrity out of $700 and up products then good deal, I choose to expect quality no matter whos name is on it.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Wait...Apple only makes 1 product??? Crap who the hell makes their iPad, Mac, Watch, etc...???
I guess I'm safe since I only got the iPhone. Feel sorry for the suckers who get the other products, because...well Apple only makes the iPhone. LOL

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Holy get over yourself batman! There is a serious and very easy reason you get your "better" care from Apple. Famous reason. Samsung does not write the software for your phone. Your carrier does....Yes, android updates lag comparatively, but for good dang reason!

I had no idea that the carrier's wrote the software either. Wow, I always thought Samsung created TouchWiz. So much useful info above!!

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the fact that so many people are still holding on to their "bad" devices makes this poll just a little suspect. There were people in line, who never had the Note 7, to buy one at Verizon yesterday. And, BTW, they were selling them to them.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I can see why when it will be 2 more weeks from today the 20th before my replacement comes in to Best Buy. Ridiculous. Never again Samsung. Next year moving onto something else.

Why so long? Got mine from a BB in Kentucky yesterday. Went in and asked if they had a black Verizon N7 and they had some in stock. Updated and the little green guage confirmed post ban device.

They had ATT and Sprint ones as well. Some Tmo customers came in trying to get phones, but BB does not do Tmo. Still odd though Tmo customers were asking BB for replacements.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why so long? Got mine from a BB in Kentucky yesterday. Went in and asked if they had a black Verizon N7 and they had some in stock. Updated and the little green guage confirmed post ban device.

They had ATT and Sprint ones as well. Some Tmo customers came in trying to get phones, but BB does not do Tmo. Still odd though Tmo customers were asking BB for replacements.

Tmobile wasn't giving out replacements until today. Some got lucky and got them late last night. I don't think those customers wanted to wait.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been a die hard note user since the beginning I have had my note 7 since day one but on Sept 29 I'm jumping ship I can't justify the 1000 dollar investment I paid up front. I work in the tech industry and I just found out that referbs will come out around black Friday selling around 529 for note 7s. The support and resale factor is a big hurt, I'm going to a refurbished note 5 or S7 Edge until note 8 comes out. Lastly how can the Chinese have ground breaking specs but Samsung can't I just heard about the leEco 3 with 6gb 256gb storage and a standard HD screen for 300. Samsung please make the note 8 ground shattering. Ex. Two sizes available 5.5 and 6.2 6gb of ram 256 gb storage ir blaster and 4000mah in the 5.5 and 5000mah in the 6.2 4k screen for all instant hit. But for now I'm going to enjoy my last 9 days with my note 7

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Apple doesn't make just "one" thing. They have the MacBook line, Mac desktop line. iPods, iPads and the iPhone, along with other stuff.

Last edited:

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Personally I still always found Samsung phones to be most appealing from design, color, specs,innovation,camera, etc. Iphone to me seems like a product that lacks drastic improvement it's the same thing each year yet people get it. While people see value in Apple's consolidated eco system its also them owning you ..you Can't have flexibility and choice. It is unfortunate what happened with note 7 but I also feel the media and bandwagon fools have contributed to make this look worse than it was. I fully agree Samsung customer service isn't best and is frustrating especially when the samsung.com buyers aren't able to exchange for new note 7 but again here the issue is FedEx and ups not willing to ship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty