Messaging Problems

wpd214

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. I do have the advanced messaging turned on. My phone intermittently fails to send mms messages. It also frequently fails to receive them. On outgoing, the
circle will just continue to spin. On incoming, it just says failed. When I hit retry, it still doesn't receive.

I've called AT&T and had them reset reset my account. Problem still persists. Is anyone else having this problem? What else could I try in order to get this fixed?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. I do have the advanced messaging turned on. My phone intermittently fails to send mms messages. It also frequently fails to receive them. On outgoing, the
circle will just continue to spin. On incoming, it just says failed. When I hit retry, it still doesn't receive.

I've called AT&T and had them reset reset my account. Problem still persists. Is anyone else having this problem? What else could I try in order to get this fixed?

I don't really have an answer but have you tried a different messaging app?

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem too. And my phone doesn't get signal in areas I've always gotten it before. I'm really on the fence about exchanging for the same phone (N7) or going back to an iPhone until these things G's are resolved. I'm willing to keep note 7 if this is something they can and will resolve soon with an update. But is this something that can be resolved OTA?

I'm with T-Mobile.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had similar issues... the advanced messaging features haven't worked along with AT&T video calling on my note 7, s7 edge and note 5 despite meeting all the requirements being met and verified by AT&T tech support

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having same issue and just found out. My SGT has been texting me all weekend...I got only 1 of her text out of 4 that was sent since FRI. I was on my loaner phone the SE7 until MON. On Mon I saw one of her text from FRI when I received my Note 7 replacement, but I haven't received anythang since. Apparently tonite she told me there were 2 others...but I never received them. Another friend has an iphone and said she has been calling me...I have no missed calls in my log. This happened both with the SE7 and N7. I have no idea how to fix this issue. VERY odd. I hope I am not missing alot more messages that I need ( I have a photography business outside of my career)

wpd214

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have never been without a signal. However, I rarely have anything more than two bars. The thing that kills me is its so intermittent. I did come from and iPhone and I did sign out of iMessage and doubled checked by deregistering from Apple.

Considering giving up on this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38