New Note7 update takes away a feature!!!

midcoast

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the new update on the NOTE 7 removes CONTENT SCALING. That's the ability to fit more icons per page. It was under settings/display/content scaling=small or large. I LOVED this feature and now it's gone.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
It's still there ...
40fa0f11968375d15ff62c366e6e8704.jpg

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
More icons per page was never in that section. Long press on a open space , and click the "screen grid" at the bottom. You can pick your rows/columns there.

As for actual content scaling, it in the "Display" settings on VZW:

Screenshot_20160921-201711.png

midcoast

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Guys! Tried the long press and was able to do the 5x5 icons per page again. I checked against my wife's note7 that was not updated yet and she still has that option in the menu, I don't. T-Mobile update.

Dealz417

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Guys! Tried the long press and was able to do the 5x5 icons per page again. I checked against my wife's note7 that was not updated yet and she still has that option in the menu, I don't. T-Mobile update.

I don't have that setting either in display, EE update UK.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

It's still there, just changed

Attachments

• 16378.jpg
    16378.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 472

pc7298

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
That changes the resolution of the whole display. Content scaling did not.

It made the messages in the notification bar way more readable for me. Is there any way to simply scale that up without lowering the resolution of the whole screen?

Content scaling is gone on T Mobile on the new Note 7 replacement.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

It made the messages in the notification bar way more readable for me. Is there any way to simply scale that up without lowering the resolution of the whole screen?

I provided a solution in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=727015

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed the new update on the NOTE 7 removes CONTENT SCALING. That's the ability to fit more icons per page. It was under settings/display/content scaling=small or large. I LOVED this feature and now it's gone.

i also used to use my Note 7 to light my fireplace very night. So thats another feature they have removed. Very upset, now its just cold all the time.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's still there, just changed

Is that setting under your Display setting list? All I get is the Content scaling item on Verizon. Would love to have more granular resolution control like that. Wonder if it's hiding in an activity that could be launched?

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed on the AT&T update that i know longer have to the options to select what app i want to use to open something each time. whatever i pick automatically becomes the default. that sucks

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

It's not gone completely...just factory reset your phone ...the content scaling option small or large will come up with the set up process...that's the only way for now...there is always changing the grid if you didn't feel like resetting but that only helps with icons

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Edge lighting is not showing in menu on my exchanged version: settings > display > edge screen > edge lighting

Anyone else?

Edge screen's not in the 'display' setting at all. I know there is a separate edge screen option, but no 'edge lighting' there either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87