On the FAA website it says "Airlines cannot carry recalled lithium ion devices as cargo, and passengers must turn them off."

However my replacement device hasn't been recalled, if it was then it would't be the replacement device (that would be contradiction).

Basically, are all Note 7 banned or just the old unsafe ones without the green battery icon?
    09-22-2016 09:33 AM
    On the FAA website it says "Airlines cannot carry recalled lithium ion devices as cargo, and passengers must turn them off."

However my replacement device hasn't been recalled, if it was then it would't be the replacement device (that would be contradiction).

Basically, are all Note 7 banned or just the old unsafe ones without the green battery icon?
    The green battery icon distinguishes the new, safe devices from the old ones. Take a look at this article for more information: This is the safe Galaxy Note 7's new green battery icon | Android Central

In short, the green icon is a quick way people, agencies, etc. will be able to look and tell if the device is safe. Of course this also requires agencies/persons such as the FAA to know that the green battery icon means it's safe.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:46 AM