The Cancellation of the Note 7 - What you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
IMG_3290.jpg
These are what you have to know in regards to the Note 7's recent events.

WHAT HAPPENED?

In response to reports of new "safe" (green battery) Note 7 units catching fire just like the pre-recall units, Samsung has initially suspended production of the Note 7 and has recently discontinued the entire device for good, following the decision by the major carriers of the US to suspend both sales and exchanges of new devices.

WHAT HAS SAMSUNG SAID SO FAR?
Samsung has mentioned the following so far;

"Samsung is working with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. While the investigation is taking place, Samsung is asking all carrier and retail partners here and around the globe to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7. Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, we are asking consumers with an original Galaxy Note7 or a replacement Galaxy Note7 to power it down and contact the carrier or retail outlet where you purchased your Galaxy Note7. If you bought your Galaxy Note7 from Samsung.com or have questions, you should contact us at 1-844-365-6197 and we can help you." (Samsung USA)

"We are working with relevant regulatory bodies to investigate the recently reported cases involving the Galaxy Note7. Because consumers’ safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

We remain committed to working diligently with appropriate regulatory authorities to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available." (Samsung Global)

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
IMG_3311.jpg

• Perform a device backup, factory reset and power down your Note 7 immediately
  • Contact your carrier or retailer to discuss the available options.
  • Options include exchanging for a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, exchanging to a different phone from another manufacturer or a full refund.
  • Proceed to your carrier store in order to proceed with the exchange/refund process
  • Note that in some cases, Samsung may send you a return package with include fire and explosion-proof packaging with safety gloves. Follow the provided instructions to mail back the device.

CAN I TRAVEL WITH MY NOTE 7?
note-7-passport-charger.jpg
No.

As of 12PM EST on Saturday, October 15th, the Galaxy Note 7 is officially banned by the United States Department of Transporation on airliners, whether it's powered on or off. Other airlines around the world like Qantas and Cathay Pacific have also announced similar measures. Expect other airlines and business to follow.

The ban means that the Note 7 cannot be carried onto any airliner and any attempt to sneak one in would be considered a criminal offense.

https://www.transportation.gov/briefing-room/dot-bans-all-samsung-galaxy-note7-phones-airplanes/
QANTAS GROUP STATEMENT ON SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 7 – TOTAL BAN - Qantas News Room
Travel information for passengers - Cathay Pacific

SHOULD I RETURN MY GALAXY NOTE 7 ASAP?
IMG_3353.jpg
YES.

The Galaxy Note 7 is now officially recalled by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, and as a result, the device cannot be taken onboard aircraft and selling the device, whether via retailers or online will be deemed illegal. Since the device has been cancelled, it will not receive an update to Android 7.0 Nougat, security patches and further new features plus bug fixes. The device may also receive updates that severely limits its functionality and in the worst case, may cause it to be totally worthless.

Please do return your Note 7, for the sake of your own safety and the safety of others around you. Dealing with a phone on fire is something no one wants to endure, so please do not take the risk.

No seriously, return your Galaxy Note 7 | Android Central

HOW DO I KNOW MORE?
IMG_5034.jpg
Our Android Central editors and bloggers have some coverage on the Note 7 situation. They will be linked below.

Remember, please return your Note 7.

This thread will be updated periodically as new info pours in.

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have decided to add a comment because this is pretty big.

The Galaxy Note 7 will be officially banned on air travel by the US Department of Transportation starting at 12 noon EST on the 15th of October. This means that not only are you not able to use it onboard, but you cannot carry the device onboard any aircraft, whether it's part of checked luggage, in hand luggage or on your hand.

This concerns US airlines, but other airlines around the world have announced similar measures, such as Qantas, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines.

PLEASE RETURN YOUR GALAXY NOTE 7 ASAP. ​It is already considered a safety hazard and with airlines starting to fully ban the device, it is becoming more and more of a hassle to keep using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa