Note 7 loses data connection constantly!

AkAdam

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a T-mobile Galaxy Note 7 V2 and I had the same issue with my V1 unit. I take the train to work and when I go into a tunnel for like 10-15 minutes I'll lose my data connection and when I come out of the tunnel, the Note 7 won't connect back to data. Sometimes it'll show an "X" by the signal status icon...and sometimes it'll show "full bars" but I still won't have a data connection. The same thing happens sometimes when I'm in the elevator at work...I lose connection in the elevator and then the Note 7 won't connect back unless I reboot the phone. This is extremely frustrating since it happens multiple times per week! I may just need to exchange this for a different phone if this problem can't be fixed.

There is also a post on XDA-Developers about this same issue that I've posted on as well. I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this??

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue with my original Note7. I haven't tested this one yet in my known weak area. I couldn't get it turned back on either without a reboot.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you have power saver turned on, check the custom settings for the battery plan and see if the option to :prevent background network usage" is turned on.

AkAdam

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Toggling the Airplane Mode on and then off again was the first step I tried. That didn't work. I also tried just turning on and off the data connection...that did nothing as well. I have to reboot the phone to get data to work again everytime. :'( I just had this issue happen to me twice so far today...soooo frustrating. Thanks for the reply though!

AkAdam

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, I've never used the power saver feature on either of my Note 7's. I always have my phone wirelessly charging at my office desk.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I had a similar problem with mobile data not coming on, and I switched power saving off and that seems to have worked for me. Hopefully some other suggestion here will help.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. I just drove through the dead spot about 15 minutes ago and forgot to check. I'll try to remember for next time. I'm in the same destination spot where it shut off my data last time and right now is 4 bars LTE.