AT&T Note 7 - Got a new N7... no earned case and crappy box.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: got a new N7... no earned case and crappy box.

Att phone don't come in OEM boxs, unless is a IPhone.

It is the OEM box. That is what AT&T orders and gets from Samsung. Why? I don't have a clue... why you care..not a clue about that either. But It is an official Samsung box, the same on that every single AT&T model Samsung Note 7 comes in.

"But it hurts my resale value!" Why?!?!? First, your selling a phone, not a box, and second EVERY SINGLE ONE is in the "crappy" box. If I see someone trying to sell me an AT&T Note 7 in a black box its a SCAM because there is no such thing.

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm with verizon, my note 7 replacement came with the same, nice black box with all original accessories and of course black box on the label. Manufacture date 2016.09.06

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

Yah, AT&T is kinda odd about the whole OEM box thing, they are also not 100% consistent about it, Most of my previous generations of Note's have been in the AT&T branded packaging, (Also, No Earbuds) My S7E came in the Samsung OEM box(w/nice earbud box), both N7's came in AT&T box but had all accessories. (earbuds in baggie)

Cheers,
BR

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

The price on the Samsung website for a AT&T Note 7 is $879.99. A higher price than any other carrier. At that price, I would expect my phone and included accessories to come in packaging that doesn't resemble that of a refurbished item.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Wow, good point. This is my first N7 on AT&T and the box is not the black box that I see people unboxing before the recall. I guess they got cheap when they sent out the new safe ones huh?

I seem to recall someone from art complaining about the box the phone came in pre-recall as well.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If it wasn't "a big deal" you wouldn't have posted concerning it. Does the phone work as expected? Do the ear buds function OK? If "yes" to both questions, then a crappy box and bud case are unimportant. Would you rather have the reverse scenario?

If the consumer was hoping for one thing and got another, it's important to them. If it's not important to you, fine. But that doesn't mean it's not important to other people. If you bought a Note 7 from me and I handed it to you covered in horse manure and it worked fine, would you care?

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

The price on the Samsung website for a AT&T Note 7 is $879.99. A higher price than any other carrier. At that price, I would expect my phone and included accessories to come in packaging that doesn't resemble that of a refurbished item.

Well, as Jerry is fond of saying, next time, vote with your wallet. If a nice box matters that much to you (and truthfully, it really IS a nice box), then go with a carrier who does that.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I would hope that AT&T takes note (no pun intended) of the packaging issue with that iPhone 7 that had damage during shipping and reconsiders re-boxing devices to what looks like cheap replacements for when you used to buy a used video game and they gave you a generic case to go with it.

Not to say that, that iPhone was not in the OEM box, but that box seemed to hold up a lot better than I would expect these crappy AT&T replacement boxes to hold up had a Note 7 had the same issue during shipping.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

We were with Verizon but my fiance gets an AT&T discount so we switched

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Well, as Jerry is fond of saying, next time, vote with your wallet. If a nice box matters that much to you (and truthfully, it really IS a nice box), then go with a carrier who does that.
I did vote with my wallet, I'm on Verizon and have the packaging, one would expect to have with a $900 electronic item....

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

AT&T's packaging for the Note 7 is weird.

What's funny is that the S7 on AT&T came in that black box that everyone else uses.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

AT&T's packaging for the Note 7 is weird.

What's funny is that the S7 on AT&T came in that black box that everyone else uses.

I am one who is annoyed by the box fiasco. So when I traded in my Note for the S7 Edge loaner, I made sure to keep the nice headphone box and extra headphone silicon sleeves. So when I traded my S7 edge back in for the new Note 7, I now at least have the nice headphone box.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I am one who is annoyed by the box fiasco. So when I traded in my Note for the S7 Edge loaner, I made sure to keep the nice headphone box and extra headphone silicon sleeves. So when I traded my S7 edge back in for the new Note 7, I now at least have the nice headphone box.
I'm not one to gloat about packaging, but considering that AT&T charges $880 for the Note 7 (more than other carriers), that sort of packaging is actually kinda insulting from an impressions and presentation standpoint.

It just feels at home in a $50 cheapskate prepaid phone you'd find at Walmart. Not for a near-$900 top-of-the-line cutting-edge flagship.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Why we discussing boxes for? And hasn't this been the norm for AT&T to include their own packaging?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Why we discussing boxes for? And hasn't this been the norm for AT&T to include their own packaging?

We just switched to AT&T do it's new to me. But like someone said.... My fiance got an S7 and it came with the nice black box and the nice case.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sadly AT&T does that. Not sure why but they like to have their own fancy box.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't think it's plausible for someone to easily switch carriers on a whim, especially if you have multiple lines of service.
It just goes with the territory. If you have AT&T, it's just something you learn to deal with. Just like Verizon with their logo all over everything. If a logo is so important to you, don't use Verizon. This is like the headphones issue with the Note5 where some carriers omitted them.
I'm sure this packaging annoyance only affects less than .5% of customers.
It might annoy me as well as everyone should be getting the same product. But, not enough to make me switch carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984