Wireless charging not working on new note

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a new note yesterday (before the plane story, doh!) and last night I set it on my tylt vue qi charger. This worked fine on the first note I bought but I cannot get my new one to charge on it unless I set the phone on its side. The charger is a 3 coil charger so not sure what the deal is. Either the charger magically stopped working while not in use the last few weeks or the new note is way more sensitive to location on the charger or has some bad receivers in it or something. No case is on the phone either.

Anyone else have issues with wireless charging and the replacement notes? I may go pick up a Samsung wireless charger at lunch and see if it works.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a new note yesterday (before the plane story, doh!) and last night I set it on my tylt vue qi charger. This worked fine on the first note I bought but I cannot get my new one to charge on it unless I set the phone on its side. The charger is a 3 coil charger so not sure what the deal is. Either the charger magically stopped working while not in use the last few weeks or the new note is way more sensitive to location on the charger or has some bad receivers in it or something. No case is on the phone either.

Anyone else have issues with wireless charging and the replacement notes? I may go pick up a Samsung wireless charger at lunch and see if it works.

Does it charge slow or not charge at all?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I'm charging my replacement Note 7 on my Tylt as well, case on, no problems.

If it charges with the phone sideways, it wouldn't seem that the charger is broken.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
right, the bottom coil of the charger seems to be working. not sure where the receiver coils are on the phone but if its in the middle, seems like the charger could be at fault. i wish i had another qi phone to test with.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
i just went to fiddle with it some more. seems if i simply set it on there vertically, it wont start, but if i slide it down as i set in down, it will start charging. wtf? i know my first n7 wasnt that picky. i was also able to verify all 3 coils are working as i could slide the phone on its side all the way up and down and get a charge. phone seems to pickup in the middle, btw. i dunno. i guess it works if i carefully slide it on the stand.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I have the Tylt and with my leather wallet case on it needs to lay on its side to charge my other case I can stand doesn't matter.
Both 7s were this way