Finally giving up on the note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I know it's off topic, but what did you get to replace your MacBook? I'm waiting til Apple announces their updated laptops, but I might think about Windows if I'm not impressed.

When I ditched my MacBook I bought a cheap Asus from Best Buy. After camping on it for awhile and deciding I liked Windows 10 I bought a Surface Pro 4, and love it.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm going back to iOS. I just don't know if I should order the 7 Plus and wait 2 months to get it, or just get the 6S Plus and save $10 per month on my phone bill..

I went with the 6S Plus for that exact reason. Got a 128 GB 6S Plus in space gray for the price of a 128 GB regular 7 per month.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Took them a few tries... but I think they really got it right with the Surface Pro. Microsoft has an event near end of month i think to release new Surface Pro. Should be interesting.

Not take that success and come out with a Window 10 Phone! Just don't do a Samsung at this point and blow it.

When I ditched my MacBook I bought a cheap Asus from Best Buy. After camping on it for awhile and deciding I liked Windows 10 I bought a Surface Pro 4, and love it.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Now, if Samsung returned my $1000 for their dangerous phone, and gave me, say, a 50% or so discount on any Samsung phone...

But the crappy $25 discount they provided on their first dangerous phone recall won't cut it anymore. There's too many alternative devices out there to choose from.

IT'S A SAFETY ISSUE!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol to the OP so just get another phone. So much drama
If applying the premise of risk here with the Note 7, how is it okay for the same concerned people to risk driving?

It makes no sense if people are worried about getting hurt or hurting others with the Note 7. Unless they do not drive or get driven. Then you got me. Traveling in tube technology? :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why not?? :confused: Look at the V20 in this video... LG actually put in a FEATURE to eject your battery upon dropping it so that the phone does not explode with the battery ;) (I find the price too expensive though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or7rwO7wuSU
Kinetic energy displacement design FTW. Shame the battery life is borderline bad. Medium to heavy users will need to use that handy replaceable battery :)

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
You couldn't hold a gun to my head to use a Iphone. The LG V20 is ok but its not a Note 7. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone so thats a no. Had no issues with my initial Note 7 or its replacement. I upgrade every year so I will hang in there till next Summer and see what everyone but Apple brings to the table and upgrade.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The only reason I'd get windows is to save some money. The surface pro and a couple other Windows machines I liked cost as much as a MBP unfortunately. I'm still looking though.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Had never like a phone as much as Note 7, both in terms of looks and performance. If forced to give up, really dun know what phone to go to.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have posted in other threads that I am in firm belief that there is a witch hunt going on for Samsung, the legitimate recall opened the door for them.

IMHO, Sammy needs to look into the future of Lithium Ion batteries and see if they come up with something better. They won the fight with AMOLED displays.

You kinda contradict yourself in those 2 sentences. You say Samsung is a victim of the media then admit Samsung needs to come up with another battery. The battery is WHY Samsung is in the spotlight with the media! No matter how well the phone functions, bad press will always override the positive if it malfunctions and nearly endangers 100s of people. Incidents on the planes are VERY serious.

More and more Incidents are happening with the REPLACEMENT Note 7s and it's happening with daily use, not just while charging now. Samsung owns this fiasco!! Unfortunately we do too :(

RIP NOTE 7

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Obvious answer is to design and manufacture their own batteries. Safety circuitry (heat, short circuit, wrong voltage or amps from charger, etc) should have prevented these incidents and I wonder if there is a design flaw there yet to be admitted.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Obvious answer is to design and manufacture their own batteries. Safety circuitry (heat, short circuit, wrong voltage or amps from charger, etc) should have prevented these incidents and I wonder if there is a design flaw there yet to be admitted.
The obvious answer is removable batteries. This is a non-issue if I could take out a $20 battery and put a new $20 battery in.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Uh... Samsung SDI is the company that made the batteries from first recall

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Funny, my replacement doesn't even get warm...perfect performance....why give up a device that's actually safe imo.....i hope this time they understand that any lithium ion battery is capable of exploding. Look up iPhones and explosions .....someone will always have that faulty device that may end up exploding......if it has only occurred with 1-2 possible replacement devices in two weeks...thats normal since samsung sent out 1 million replacements....so i feel my device is still safe....

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Funny, my replacement doesn't even get warm...perfect performance....why give up a device that's actually safe imo.....i hope this time they understand that any lithium ion battery is capable of exploding. Look up iPhones and explosions .....someone will always have that faulty device that may end up exploding......if it has only occurred with 1-2 possible replacement devices in two weeks...thats normal since samsung sent out 1 million replacements....so i feel my device is still safe....
The only actual reason to give it up is because it's overpriced and has zero resale value. Aside from potential fire hazards of course. I'd like to see them give sizable rebates to original owners on the note 8 (or any future Samsung phone) as a good will gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez