10-14-2016 08:50 AM
188 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Not every single one of them is faulty, correct? Couldn't someone just chance it and be happy with keeping a working note 7? Is it absolutely a must to return it?
    Sekkyoshi and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-12-2016 05:15 PM
    Don't expect any support or updates if you do. You might even expect it to be blocked from the network.
    10-12-2016 05:17 PM
    Until it catches fire or eventually get remotely deactivated, no.
    Preferred, but not a must.
    Yes they all have to be returned unfortunately.
    Think for yourself, if you wanna keep it, keep it! Samsung haven't recalled it, they have ceased production apparently. Don't buy into the media HYPE
    10-12-2016 05:18 PM
    Just talked to Verizon and they said that the new recall is "Voluntary"
    jordankreationz likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:18 PM
    Might keep it until the Pixel XL is released and then return it #hurryupwiththenote8
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:20 PM
    It's voluntary, but depending on government involvement here in the US etc.. The active IMEI if not all could be blocked. Secondly, there'll be no updates for a terminated device, no Nougat in the future or fixes. Third, accessories like the Gear VR are now blocked from using the Note 7. Resale value will be low and interest limited. Both my blue N7s functioned flawlessly and I loved the phone but uncertainty and the fact Samsung killed the N7 forced my hand to return the device. I replaced my N7 with a 64BG N5, great phone but it's not the N7.
    Averix likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:22 PM
    Yeah, I think I'ma hold on to it until the pixel is released. I'm had every note from day one of release, sucks to see this happen. You make good points though.
    10-12-2016 05:25 PM
    I was actually thinking about holding on to it for at least two years anyway. I know resale value will be non-existent but I can only hope that it receives the Nougat upgrade, however unlikely.

If you want to reply to call me an *****, just please refrain. Any constructive responses are more than welcome. I know there have been a lot reports but with at least 2 million of these phones being used, the percentage of incidents is still small.

I honestly don't want the S7 Edge. As similar as it is (it's honestly missing quite a bit IMO), it feels like a serious step back. The Pixel XL renders my 256 GB SD card useless, even though I'm hearing it performs amazingly well. It also doesn't have wireless charging and I'd have to get the 128 GB version (more $) I had a V10 but the V20 really doesn't seem like it would make me happy after owning the Note 7. Maybe I will feel differently when I hold it in my hand.
    From A Buick 8 and Savoy like this.
    10-12-2016 05:31 PM
    At this point, it's voluntary and the recall isn't official yet. No one knows what is going to happen. Keeping it for a few more weeks probably isn't going to do any harm unless you feel your phone has heat anomalies or something. I feel pretty comfortable with mine. It's likely we won't get updates, but I guess we'll see when the smoke clears. Hopefully soon.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:32 PM
    Secondly, there'll be no updates for a terminated device, no Nougat in the future or fixes.
    Is this confirmed?
    10-12-2016 05:32 PM
    Is this confirmed?
    No.
    10-12-2016 05:34 PM
    Not every single one of them is faulty, correct? Couldn't someone just chance it and be happy with keeping a working note 7? Is it absolutely a must to return it?

No.
    10-12-2016 05:49 PM
    When a phone is discontinued you will not get anymore updates. Samsung already confirmed the Note 7 has been discontinued. So why keep a phone that will no longer be supported anymore?
    10-12-2016 05:54 PM
    I don't think they will update it. Why pour resources into a phone that isn't being produced anymore and most customers have returned.
    10-12-2016 05:59 PM
    When a phone is discontinued you will not get anymore updates. Samsung already confirmed the Note 7 has been discontinued. So why keep a phone that will no longer be supported anymore?
    Erm because it's a Note 7? What's with the obsession of "security updates" anyway? The reason I still run Windows 7 on my PC is so I don't blindly allow intrusive telemetry Windows 10 updates. So if the phone works, why the needed for updates?
    10-12-2016 06:05 PM
    - It is or will be banned from use on flights and most mass transit systems
    - It is recalled
    - It will not be supported by Samsung
    - It will eventually be updated to not function fully by Samsung
    - It might explode

Why would you not get another phone now? What benefit outweighs all this?
    ultravisitor likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:08 PM
    You are not currently required to return it. It might be a good idea, however right now they're merely providing incentives to do so - offering refunds, waiving fees, restoring upgrades, etc. It is possible they will destroy the functionality of the devices that aren't returned, but no one has officially said that they will or even hinted that they might. If you do decide to keep it, please don't sleep with it next to your face and I hope yours isn't one of the ones that we read about.

I agree with the first three points of dsignori's post and the fifth is obvious, four I'm not as sure about but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    10-12-2016 06:10 PM
    I know it's a low chance but the only thing is if it happens to catch fire and cause property damage or personal injury then you most likely will be SOL, cause they have said to stop using the device. Don't expect to sue Samsung if it burns your house down or worse. Use at your own risk at this point. That's why I already ordered replacement S7 edges for both my N7's. It Sucks but had to do it.
    10-12-2016 06:14 PM
    i am keeping mine, will only return it if they somehow brick it.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-12-2016 06:20 PM
    Erm because it's a Note 7? What's with the obsession of "security updates" anyway? The reason I still run Windows 7 on my PC is so I don't blindly allow intrusive telemetry Windows 10 updates. So if the phone works, why the needed for updates?

If the Note 7 wasn't running on Marshmallow then I might say keep it if you want to as long as you're happy it's stuck on MM. There are still too many issues with MM. You're not going to get those updates. You probably won't get app updates if it applies to a different version of MM.
    And I never said anything about security updates, I was referring to updates in general. Plus I'm still running Windows 7 on my PC and still get updates. Computers are different from Smartphones.

It's your money. Do whatever you want with it. I was just trying to help.
    10-12-2016 06:20 PM
    I'm keeping both of mine. No updates...ha. That is a good thing. I own both of these for free, no downside here and it works great. As far as I'm concerned this is a win win.
    10-12-2016 06:21 PM
    Make Note 7 great again..

Fobbers, aCubs_fan and petvas72 like this.
    10-12-2016 06:23 PM
    NO, not confirmed however by Samsung terminating productions and sales and US carriers halting sales permanantly this would leave most of us to believe that the N7 has reached it EOL, End Of Life. If I were a betting man no carrier is going to update their specific device releases base on what Samsung has said.
    10-12-2016 06:23 PM
188 ... 34567 ...