Note 7 Tribute - Share Your Favorite Things about the Note 7

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mourning thread ,N7 , what was your fondest memory ?

I loved the s-pen but I really loved the camera, how great it was at taking lowlight fast pix of my 17 month old grandson, and that feature where you could hit the little icon and you got a couple seconds of video just before the picture. Sigh, feeling sad.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to miss the bright screen, the great photos, and the battery life. This season truly sucks. This was going to be the phone that I would have kept more than 2 years . I'm also going to miss the Aod screen. I love looking at my 1 year old nephew's pic with the screen off.

AquaRaven

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

I loved having the option of taking notes on the screen without turning the screen on. I also was really impressed with the low-light pictures. My Note7 took some really great pictures outside during twilight, and the photos actually looked like what I was seeing.

I won't miss not being able to find a decent TGSP, though.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Where do I start? :(. The gorgeous coral blue with gold metal accent? Turned heads and garnered at least two compliments a week in public or at work. Using the S-Pen? It was my first Note device, and I quickly got addicted to jotting down notes with it at meetings and making animated GIFs on the fly. The always on display? I had been used to this feature (and wireless charging) since 2012 with my Nokia Lumias (fantastic devices btw, can't way to see Nokia's Android offerings) but the Note7 absolutely perfected this feature.

I could go on and on... this was the best, most complete smartphone ever. I guess, in the end, it was just too good to be true.

Oh well... I'll give this investigation one or two weeks (I'm in denial, basically) for the off chance that they can pinpoint a bad batch or two, then it's back to my S7 Edge, which is a pretty damn good device in its own right.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Finally I got a phone which I feel looks nicer than iPhone, with top notch performance and enviable features, good battery life/sceen and camera. As if not good enough, touchwiz was upgraded to the new gorgeous Grace UI, ditching the old touchwiz UI that I hated

In short, just the best phone I ever used.

And this thing has to happen. FML

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Mourning thread ,N7 , what was your fondest memory ?

I only had it for a week, so not a lot of memories, other than that I absolutely loved the phone and had never had a better one. It was the first smartphone in my life that truly appealed to me, every aspect of it. I've been smartphone hopping for years, had most of the flagship phones, iOS, Android, Blackberry OS and I never truly liked any of them until the Note7. And then all this sh** happens.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

As if not good enough, touchwiz was upgraded to the new gorgeous Grace UI, ditching the old touchwiz UI that I hated

No crap - it had the most beautiful UI I had ever seen on any phone. Just hoping Samsung will bring it to other models

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Finally I got a phone which I feel looks nicer than iPhone, with top notch performance and enviable features, good battery life/sceen and camera. As if not good enough, touchwiz was upgraded to the new gorgeous Grace UI, ditching the old touchwiz UI that I hated

In short, just the best phone I ever used.

And this thing has to happen. FML

Get the Note 5 I traded today. Sad but still have a Note. I have had all but traded from the Note 4 to the Note7 Be safe...

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Only had it for about 3 weeks after switching from an iphone. Needless to say I will be switching back to my iphone 6s plus, but here are some things I will miss and not miss.

What I will miss:
Very well built/design
Curved screen
How it feels in the hand
Wish I had more time to utilize the S-pen. I could see myself using it more and more to take some quick notes.
Water resistance - haven't even got a drop of water on it, but just knowing that it is, ease my mind.
Wish I had more time to play around with the Gear VR
Didn't get to experience wireless charging, but I was very anxious to try as my wireless charger that I had ordered has yet to arrive.

What I will not miss:
Battery life - horrible as compared to my iPhone 6s plus. Only averaging about 10 hours of use. By the time I get home, i have to charge it up just so I can use it at home
Some features on Android OS - like being able to customize it. I will not miss having to "optimize" my phone on a daily basis. iOS seems to handle that way better in the backgroud without users having to even think about it
Bloatware that ATT/carriers put on the phone..

Will wait to see what the next note will bring and if Samsung can recover from this. iPhone 8 will also be a huge contender as well.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I miss everything about it. I'm going through withdrawals.

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

1) Note 7 sPen + swiftkey + Evernote = paperless home office and work environment. I can attend meetings, take down notes with the sPen. The sPen looks professional too as your client sees you as taking notes not texting on your phone during a meeting. The sPen + swiftkey keyboard makes me take notes faster than handwriting my notes on a piece of paper that I would eventually lose for sure.
2) Also the screen off notes is a god send for taking quick notes (phone numbers, note to self, etc.) - only gripe was I wished it synced with Evernote so only have one app to manager all my notes.
3) Also, while shopping for furniture I told the "interior designer"/sales lady I'll be putting a mini grand piano in my formal living room so I needed a living room set to fit our new home layout. I was showing it to her real time while drawing on my Note phone. Her eyes wide open in amazement that such a thing was possible.
3) My teenager daughter who is a big iphone user was surprised my bitmoji's and gifs I sent her were all personalized! Better than hers. Lol.
4) 64GB + 256 GB free micro SD, i laugh at people saying that's too much storage. The phone records 4K video and guess what where are you going to save all those bigger sized 4K video files? Good luck doing that with the non expandable memory with the iPhone. Or saving it over the cloud with Pixel.
5) The obvious stuff: Premium feel, the Onyx black looks great with the all black seemless look, fast wireless charging, waterproofing and beautiful bright screen, iris scanner (fast and convenient unlocking when you get used to it).

I'm back using S7Edge loaner from T-Mobile, it's still a great phone but I feel my other hand is tied using it without an sPen :(

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

That time a couple months ago, approximately, when I was enjoying my new phone before reports of it melting started.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Still enjoying mine, im going to squeeze every last minute out of it i can. I want to be the last person to turn theirs in.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I'd have to say the moment I 100% justified the purchase by signing some work documents and sending them back right away.

Also, using the S-Pen for things I never thought possible, like extracting the text from a picture so that I could paste it in a contact field, or email address to send to someone.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I never got to have a Note 7 of my own. I wish I had but my S7e and V20 will have to do.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Note 7 was too good

Great feel

Great display

Hardware display scaling

iPhone Plus battery life in FHD mode (still looks better)

Great camera with best depth of field and low light pics

Great sound quality (not speaker)

Great pen integration

Wiz was finally worthy

Great theme options like Material Black that helped battery life even more

Device runs cool. Especially FHD mode

Fast cold boot restart time

High water resistance

Folks, the device was simply too good, so the Tech Gods deemed it not worthy for us humans.

For reals.