The Last Note Has Been Played

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Because s7 and s7 edge were made prior to note 7... there haven't been that many cases of explosions in these that's why. Why would a company make brand new phones without finding root cause of the fires? Makes 0 sense. They should be more focused now than ever on quality even if it means halting production in case similar parts are used.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Then there are guys like me who have had every Note from the Note 2 through the Note 7 (who swore by the S Pen) but now that I have an S 7 Edge, I feel like I really could care less whether I have another phone with an s pen.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
From a marketing perspective they should never use the "Note" name again, doesn't mean they can't have a phone with an s-pen, it should just be called a different name.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you guys know that the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note aren't their only high end phones right? There's the Galaxy A, Galaxy C, Galaxy J, Galaxy On, Galaxy Folder, etc. Idk everyone only looks at the S and Note series

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Then there are guys like me who have had every Note from the Note 2 through the Note 7 (who swore by the S Pen) but now that I have an S 7 Edge, I feel like I really could care less whether I have another phone with an s pen.
I believe you mean you couldn't care less...

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you guys know that the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note aren't their only high end phones right? There's the Galaxy A, Galaxy C, Galaxy J, Galaxy On, Galaxy Folder, etc. Idk everyone only looks at the S and Note series

I wouldn't exactly call those phones high end. The A line is more their mid-range offering, the C landing in the 'budget' class... etc. The S and Note lines are their 'flagship' models with the best hardware layouts, etc.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I too have had every note out and loved note 7 of course I really do like my S7 Edge though I'm not missing the pen even though I keep looking for it LOL just thinking it's there

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly call those phones high end. The A line is more their mid-range offering, the C landing in the 'budget' class... etc. The S and Note lines are their 'flagship' models with the best hardware layouts, etc.
My daughter currently uses the on5 though it is decent looking it's specs are nowhere close to the higher end s and note series

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There was an article somewhere that Samsung is renaming phones, they are going to have 3 or 4 main phones, think there was a galaxy x listed.

I am guessing there will be a note 7 variant on the mix, just not named note whatever. As some have suggested, the S8 might have 3 flavors, one now with a 5.7 inch screen with S pen. Samsung has to many followers of that S pen to drop it IMO.

With that said, will the S8 suffer a later release date such as next fall to be released for the holidays, or will Samsung release them in stages like the 2 S8 models normal and the one with the S pen in fall for holidays.

It saddens me that they are considering dropping the "Note" name altogether; but I suppose it does make sense from a business standpoint. They don't want to be associated with the Note 7's issue with upcoming Note iterations. It's too bad, because I personally think all this will die down eventually; and Samsung and the Note series in particular have such a huge fan base that keeping it as a "Note" may not be such a bad move.

But alas, I'm just an armchair CEO. ;)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It saddens me that they are considering dropping the "Note" name altogether; but I suppose it does make sense from a business standpoint. They don't want to be associated with the Note 7's issue with upcoming Note iterations. It's too bad, because I personally think all this will die down eventually; and Samsung and the Note series in particular have such a huge fan base that keeping it as a "Note" may not be such a bad move.

But alas, I'm just an armchair CEO. ;)

We all are...lol

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I didn't edit my original post, I didn't mean that all of those devices were high end flagship models. I meant that their design is of higher end quality. But I would like to state that North Americas view on high end flagship phones is more along the lines of wanting powerhouses. The average consumer probably won't use a flagship phone to its full potential. While the specs for the Galaxy A, C, J, On, etc. are more than enough to use as a substitute. Go and look at the specs for those 2016 models while having a pragmatic approach in mind. Also the Galaxy S and Note series designs aren't just cues taken from last year's model. And that the Galaxy S and Note series have adopted design concepts from the whole line of Galaxy devices.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I can see something like this - S8, S8E (Edge) and the S8SP (S-Pen) and dropping the N and going back to the curve of the N7, including the S8E have a more subtle curve. Who knows, just throwing things at the wall over here... lol.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Wasn't the Galaxy J the temp phone no one wanted? And it's not a high end phone. 1GB ram, 8 GB rom, 128 GB micro card, 2,000 mAh battery, etc., is not high end.

Galaxy A is a little better, but not much. I couldn't live with 16GB, even with a card.

I don't want to bother Google the others.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I can see something like this - S8, S8E (Edge) and the S8SP (S-Pen) and dropping the N and going back to the curve of the N7, including the S8E have a more subtle curve. Who knows, just throwing things at the wall over here... lol.
Personally, I think it's too late in the development process to release an s-pen phone alongside the S8 phones. However, I do believe that one will come out by summer with S8 branding. It may be something as simple as S8 Pen or S8 Pro. They won't jumble the name with too many letters. I just hope if they do this, they will up the screen size from the past 4 years and make it like 5.9" or 6" with even better specs than the regular S8's to get more attention. I would assume they all release simultaneously in 2018.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87