How do I transfer my screen set ups from my Note 7 to the Edge?

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I ran the Smart Switch but my screens have now apps populated. I had multiple app shortcuts with layered apps under one topic but none transfered, just my wallpaper and basic settings. Is there an app that does a better job than smart switch?

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I ran the Smart Switch but my screens have now apps populated. I had multiple app shortcuts with layered apps under one topic but none transfered, just my wallpaper and basic settings. Is there an app that does a better job than smart switch?
Do a Samsung smart switch

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it will. I think the only way is if you have Nova Launcher Prime (or another launcher), you have to go into Nova settings and export your settings. Then on the new phone launch Nova and select the import and find the export file and it will set up your pages they way they were. This is what I did and it saved me a bunch of time between the two Note 7's and the S7 Edge; I simply emailed the exported settings file to myself and then on the new phone downloaded it to the device. The only thing that didn't fully load was widgets, the space for the widget was created but I would have to go into the widget settings an set everything up again... it still saved me a bunch of time though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87