Otterbox Defender now available for the Note 8.0!

tekjunke

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I received mine the other day as well. It really is a nice case. I've had lots of Otter cases and they do keep improving them. The front plastic/stand part of the case seals off the display now. I've never seen another defender that did that, usually the display is exposed a little.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine has a little cut-out at top where it looks like a little speaker for some models may go. Here's some photos...

DSC06560.jpgDSC06562.jpgDSC06563.jpgDSC06564.jpgDSC06565.jpgDSC06566.jpgDSC06567.jpgDSC06568.jpg

Sent from my humble S4

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It does add noticeable weight. It doesn't add too much bulk but I was a little surprised at how much weight it adds along with the peace of mind. I still love it.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Any chance there is a tab to get to the SD card without removing the case, with the note 10.1 that would be hard due to the swivel door, since the 8 just folds down it seems possible. Main reason I ask is I have 10 64gb memory cards (main reason I bought the 10.1 and the 8) that I load up with movies, books and magazines for the road, I change cards often. Love Otter but do love SD cards too.

Thanks for any info.

Shellsh0ck

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Any chance there is a tab to get to the SD card without removing the case, with the note 10.1 that would be hard due to the swivel door, since the 8 just folds down it seems possible. Main reason I ask is I have 10 64gb memory cards (main reason I bought the 10.1 and the 8) that I load up with movies, books and magazines for the road, I change cards often. Love Otter but do love SD cards too.

Thanks for any info.

No there's no way to access the sd card without removing the case. I'd expect more from otter box honestly. It fits and feels nice but the screen protector is slightly off center. You can tell where the home button is, it overlaps one side just a little. The cutout up top really bothers me too. I was wondering if anyone's tried removing the screen protector altogether? I'd like to get a glare-free stick on one instead