Anyone having buyers remorse?

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having buyers remorse on the Note 8?

I kind of am. I have the Note 2 already and absolutely love it, but I wanted a smaller tablet with the Note's functionality, hence buying the Note8.

But man, 400 bux is kinda expensive for an 8 inch tablet. I almost changed my mind and got the Asus Infinity for 100 bux more, but i really like the SPen, and IR for use as a universal remote.

Anyone else have a Note 2 as a phone and still bought the Note 8? If I keep buying electronics at this rate, im going to be eating ramen noodles for the next 20 years hahaha

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I am personally very pleased with this tablet. Granted I only paid $345, but after owing a Note II, I really wanted a tablet with the S-Pen functionality. It is a much better tablet than my former Asus Transformer Prime (Faster, no lag, Better WiFi signal strength, etc), and the size is much better for me as a work aide, and while traveling since I am on a plane 2-4 flights a week. I also purchased a full sized S-pen with the eraser on the back and it works amazingly well, especially on apps like Papyrus. Battery life has been good with "SmartStay" turned off, more details here.

My only gripes is that there isn't a 32GB version available (currently using a 64GB MicroSD), and that it is only white it color. If a Black 32GB version is released soon, I will probably purchase one and give my current white 16GB to my wife.

If someone is looking for a smaller and less expensive tablet, there are plenty of options. But for those what want something with a screen a tad larger than 7in (8in is the sweet spot for me), and want / need the S-Pen functionality, and Multi-Window ability, the Note 8 is a great device.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 2 and a transformer infinity. I was hesitant to drop 400, and I still think its a bit much but damn, this note 8 rocks. It is super smooth and can multitask without hiccups, something I cant say about the infinity. Size is perfect imo. The 10.1 infinity is just a bit too heavy and large. One hand use is uncomfortable. I have the keyboard too and besides making for a nice dock, I rarely find it helpful. This note is just much nicer to hold and use. The s pen is great too and I think is even more of a joy to use on the note 8 than note 2. The extra space makes writing a bit easier. So, no, no remorse here :) my only complaint so far is that watchon doesnt seem to support my tivo which is dumb. I was kinda looking forward to that app. Ive used peel in the past on the tab 7 plus and wasnt impressed but its been a long time since ive tried it, may have to give it another shot.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I had some buyers remorse on the very first night after messing around with it for a few hours. I had not come from a Note 2 (I have an S3) so I was not very familiar with the S-pen input. I was seriously considering returning it and just going back to my Nexus 7.

But after rooting it, getting access to all of the apps that I wanted for multi-window display, and learning some tricks and capabilities of the S-pen, the doubt faded. I'm definitely keeping it now.... especially after retrieving the $25 Google credit and 50GB of Dropbox space. :)

I think I can understand someone who has a Note 2 looking at this and saying, "Is it really THAT much different?" It's the same question I asked after buying the Nexus 7 while already owning the S3.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

larry313#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have the note 2 but used the ipad mini as my go to tablet because of the form factor...I havent picked up my mini since I bought thd 8.0
Love this tablet so far, the price is high but I'm ok with that too. No regreats here

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am personally very pleased with this tablet. Granted I only paid $345, but after owing a Note II, I really wanted a tablet with the S-Pen functionality. It is a much better tablet than my former Asus Transformer Prime (Faster, no lag, Better WiFi signal strength, etc), and the size is much better for me as a work aide, and while traveling since I am on a plane 2-4 flights a week. I also purchased a full sized S-pen with the eraser on the back and it works amazingly well, especially on apps like Papyrus. Battery life has been good with "SmartStay" turned off, more details here.

My only gripes is that there isn't a 32GB version available (currently using a 64GB MicroSD), and that it is only white it color. If a Black 32GB version is released soon, I will probably purchase one and give my current white 16GB to my wife.

If someone is looking for a smaller and less expensive tablet, there are plenty of options. But for those what want something with a screen a tad larger than 7in (8in is the sweet spot for me), and want / need the S-Pen functionality, and Multi-Window ability, the Note 8 is a great device.

Thx..that makes me feel better bout buying the Note 8 instead of the Asus Prime (but man, the resolution on the Prime is money!!!).

I'm with ya on the color, black would look much better! Too bad its not out yet. The 16GB internal storage works for me since there an sd slot.

After having the Note 8 for a day, I'd have to agree with you guys. This tablet is freaking awesome. Absolutely love it and use it as my primary device when im home. I still think its over priced but I figure this will be my last electronics purchase until.

So for those on the fence about the Note 8 I can vouch that it'll be one of the best tablets available. I've had the original galaxy tab, nexus 7, ipad 3 and now the note 8 (in that order) and hands down the Note 8 in my opinion is the best.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

gkinghrn

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since launch day in the UK. Like the OP I have had nexus 7 , Ipad 1,2 and 3 , and I loved nexus 7 but no pen capability meant it got ebay treatment.

This is perfect for me..no regrets... do wonder why apple really have avoided this aspect...

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Note 2, Note 8 and transformer prime. No regrets at all, like someone said the transformer is just too heavy to take places and be functional. the keyboard i thought would be perfect but i didnt use it much and it just makes theunit that much heavier. I debated on just moving to the note 10.1 but desided to give the 8 a roll first. So glad I did. the 8" formfactor really does hit the sweet spot of holding in one had without being too heavy/bulky and having enough screen size to be functional.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the note 2, nexus 7 and note 8.0 and im absolutely glad I purchased it. I love it. Nexus 7 was laggy until I added nova launcher and even with flash installed it had problems with certain sites. I gave my nexus 7 to my mom. This note 8.0 is the ****

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I would think that having the Note 2 and the Note 8 would be redundant.

I'm one of those who would gladly use this as a phone but sadly it's not possible. i find I do different things on each. the 8 is easier for reading, internet, watching tv, movies, Some games, note taking, etc. so frankly i use it more than the 2 at home. the 2 of course trumps when out and about, for shopping lists, Inconspicuous use :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38