Touchscreen issues

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had the at&t Note 8 for less that 30 days and am on my second one. Both units have this weird thing where the touchscreen will stop responding to input, scroll/swype or key/touch presses for 2-3 seconds and then everything is fine for another half hour then it happens again. It did it just now while typing this paragraph.

Samsung says some third party apps will do that. I told them it was doing it befor I installed any apps. They want me to send it to them and be without a tablet for a couple of weeks!

I tell them I just bought it, send me a new one and I will send the defective one back. They say it doesn't work that way. I tell them to give me my money back and they say it doesn't work that way either, I have to take it back to at&t who want to charge a re stocking fee.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Happens to me quite often. It's really annoying. Especially when typing and scrolling. Not sure if it happens in all apps, or just certain 3rd party apps. I notice that it happens when I use Tapatalk often.
I'm using the wifi version.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It happens in stock email, fb, twitter, polaris office, quick office, Tapatalk, pinterest, tumblr, g+, stock hd note app, and on and on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 2