"An update is required to access Samsung services"

EnzoS

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Keep getting a popup warning every morning when we turn on our Note 8.0 then start the wi-fi that says: "An update is required to access Samsung services". So far we've answered "No" each time the warning is displayed until I find out what they want to update and just how much extra data will be deposited onto the tab if we allow it.

Yeah...I'm paranoid but the fact is, we don't use any Samsung services. I'd really like to turn the Samsung account OFF if that's a safe thing to do.

What do you say Note 8.0/Android community? Should I allow the update or would turning off the Samsung account stop the update notices???

EnzoS

chpary

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here, updates seem fine, and haven't caused storage or other issues so far as I can tell. Of course, by now, Samsung probably even has my DNA and a stool sample.

EnzoS

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't expect that updating the Samsung account would cause any problems but actually, I'd like to remove the Samsung account from our Note 8.0. In order to do that, we have to log into the account then go through the steps to remove the account. This, of course, requires wi-fi connectivity. The first step is that Samsung was us to agree to a new set of terms and conditions. That's probably no big deal but my fear is that they'll want us to do the updates before we can remove the account (can you say paranoid???). I'll probably have to go through the whole update process just to dump the account. :'(

If I wind up installing the updates, did you get any idea of how much extra data might be deposited on the SD card in the process?

EnzoS