Osprey, Galaxy Note 8 case by Lumion Review

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have always wanted a good wallet case for my Note 8 and when I got the opportunity to review the Lumion Osprey case, I jumped on it without any hesitation. I am glad I did because this is one of the best wallet cases that adds great style and slim protection to the Note 8.

lumion-osprey-note8-1.jpg

The Osprey case is constructed with TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) and PC (polycarbonate) materials that provide good protection around the corners and the back. Unlike many other wallet cases, this is very light.

lumion-osprey-note8-2.jpg

To put on the case, simply slide in your phone. It was super easy and I had no issues putting on the case. The back of the case is dual design with the matte finish on the top (camera and fingerprint sensor cutout) and plastic for the rest including the wallet insert. This dual design gives a good feel to the case, especially with the matte finish.

lumion-osprey-note8-3.jpg

lumion-osprey-note8-4.jpg

The cutouts for the ports are perfect. I did not have any issues using the charging cable, the S Pen or using the headphone jack.

lumion-osprey-note8-6.jpg

The camera and fingerprint cutout on the back is well raised to protect it from the surface. I did not have any issues reaching the fingerprint sensor as well.

lumion-osprey-note8-7.jpg

With an ergonomic curved silhouette design, the Osprey case makes it easy to hold your Note 8. Even though the sides do not have any gripping material, the curved ergonomic design will give you a good firm grip.

Due to the wallet insert, you might feel the case to be a tad thicker but that will fade away once you realize how good the construction of the wallet insert is.

The wallet insert uses a semi-automatic spring construction that makes it easier to open and close the insert without any troubles. Since its using a spring, you will have to open it to a point where it slides open automatically. This is good because it gives your wallet the protection it needs as it will slide back if you don't push it harder.

lumion-osprey-note8-8.jpg

Lumion website says the wallet insert will hold up to 2 cards, but I was able to use 3 cards without any difficulty and it worked great! With Samsung Pay and this wallet insert, you can be free of your physical wallet.

lumion-osprey-note8-9.jpg

The big downside to this case is that it doesn't have any raised lips on the front and the edges are also exposed such that they don't add any protection to the front. I will recommend using a screen protector regardless and it is a must for this case as it doesn't add any protection to the front. However, one good thing is that there is good space along the edges in the front that will give the space the screen protector needs.

lumion-osprey-note8-5.jpg

Overall, I love this case! There are lots of things to like about the case starting with its slim design, ergonomic feel, the wallet insert, and not to mention the perfect fit. You can buy the Osprey (and other lumion) cases from Amazon for $32.99 (its full retail price). It comes in the following colors: Metallic Silver, Black Metallic, Blue Cloud, Blue Sea, Gold Sand and Orchid Purple.

Last edited: