Incipio Octane Case for the Galaxy Note 8

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
The Octane case is another one Incipio’s tenured line of cases, which has carried over nicely to the Note 8. The case is durable, textured on the edges for additional grip, and it provides great protection for the device. The symmetry is sleek and adds a unique blend of security and form-factor, which gives it a competitive edge in my book when it comes to case solutions.

MVIMG_20171119_113638.jpgMVIMG_20171119_113646.jpg

The Look: The Octane case is sleek and classy, giving the Note 8 an added bump of color which is largely not present on the phone itself. The Note 8 only has a couple of colors, so being able to style up your device and give it a little added flair is a nicety. The Octane case comes in: Mint, Plum, Sand, Black, and Navy. The case is not very bulky and molds very well to the phone, without any noticeable movement at all. The sleek build is complimented with a textured grip all around the edges of the case, which is one of the main selling points for the case. So, if you’re worried about dropping your phone or losing your grip, then this case is definitely one that you want to throw on your Christmas list.

MVIMG_20171119_113700.jpgMVIMG_20171119_113726.jpg

The Feel: The texture of the phone is actually a bit slick on the back, but this isn’t traditionally the area of the phone or case that you would be holding, so it’s nothing to really worry about, especially with such a large phone. The Octane is made out of a dual-infused material, with a translucent rigid shell, which allows a little bit of the phones underlying color to bleed through, adding a certain amount of contrast to the overall look. The textured grip is not translucent and blends in nicely, giving the overall appearance a uniform look. The button covers on the case are nice and snappy, and all of the cutouts are solid. One thing I’m happy about is that the power connector opening is smooth and rounded and doesn’t dig into your fingers when you’re trying to hold the phone, which wins bonus points for me. I can’t stand when I’m trying to hold my phone and the cutouts are digging into my finger.

MVIMG_20171119_113745.jpgMVIMG_20171119_113752.jpgMVIMG_20171119_113755.jpg

Security: The Octane provides comprehensive security in a sleek and grippy form factor, without having to compromise on protection. It’s a great blend for anyone out there who likes a smaller case but still wants to have more enhanced protection than a lot of the really slim and skin-tight cases. The Octane case provides 6ft of drop protection, which is great for such a slim case. Usually you have to take it up a notch in materials and bumpers to get this kind of rating, so it’s refreshing to see a more minimalistic style case with the added protection of a bulkier case. Additionally, the enhanced grip around the edges helps to keep your phone secure by going the extra mile to prevent accidental slips and drops. Last but not least is the protective lip around the screen, which extends just enough over the phone to keep your screen safe from unwanted surface contact flat surfaces – this is one of my favorite features in a case.

MVIMG_20171119_113829.jpgMVIMG_20171119_113848.jpgMVIMG_20171119_113935.jpg

Conclusion: The Octane is a really solid case that provides a lot of versatility and protection in a small package. It has grip, it has 6ft of drop protection, it has fancy colors, and it has a one-year warranty, all for the price of $24.99. For me, all of the reasons I mentioned make this a winner in my book, and I highly recommend it.

Pros:
- A great option for minimalists who want protection
- The grippy edges are nice and work well
- Offers a lot of security and doesn’t break the bank
- The cutouts on the phone are done well and don’t dig into your fingers

Cons:
- It’s not super cheap, but it is priced well
- The back is slicker than I’d like, but it isn’t overly concerning
- Easy to take off. May be a problem later on (I’m reaching here…)
- I can’t think of a fourth con. It’s a great case.

If you’re interested in checking out the Incipio Octane case for your Note 8, here is the link: https://www.incipio.com/cases/smartphone-cases/samsung-smartphone-cases/samsung-galaxy-note-8-cases/octane-samsung-galaxy-note-8-case.html - they are currently priced at $24.99, and shipping/tax vary by location. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them down in the comment section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty