How to use Do Not Disturb for only one person

azazure

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
The problem is I want my mother to be able to call and get through by calling twice within 15 minutes, but I have a friend who keeps calling me repeatedly until I answer. How do I allow only my mother to get through DND by calling twice within 15 minutes but no one else? Also, I don't want my mother's call to go through if she only calls once within 15 minutes.

I have a Note 8 using Android version g

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to use DND for repeat callers from only certain people

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Note8 forum for more specific traffic.

On my Pixel 3 XL, I don't believe there's any way to specify which repeat callers can come through, but I don't know if there are additional options on Samsung phones. @mustang7757, any ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to use DND for repeat callers from only certain people

I'm not sure about repeat calling, but put your mom as favorite contact only and test that way , the rest should go to voicemailScreenshot_20210119-162507_Settings.jpg

azazure

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
With Android I can never figure out if the options are AND or OR based. Meaning calls from favorites only AND repeat calls (favorites who call more than once in 15 minutes), or calls from favorites OR repeat calls (Calls from either favorite contacts OR anyone who calls more than once in 15 minutes). There are other things that have the same setup and for me it's very confusing.

Thanks. I will test this and post my results when I figure it out. Or just get better friends.

azazure

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
Yes, finally had a chance to test it out and you were right. You must meet both conditions in order for it to ring through on Do Not Disturb mode: contact must be in Favorites and call twice within 15 minutes. Works perfectly for my situation. Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, finally had a chance to test it out and you were right. You must meet both conditions in order for it to ring through on Do Not Disturb mode: contact must be in Favorites and call twice within 15 minutes. Works perfectly for my situation. Thank you.
Glad to hear it , Your Welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty