Will the Note 8 be known as something else?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Will the Note 8 be called the Note 8, or something else? Thinking Samsung may want to distance themselves a bit from the brand after the whole Note 7 situation. Thoughts?

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung has a lot of brand loyalty all the way back from the Note 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 phones. (not to mention the S-Pen capable tablets in the same category).

Some people bought it because it has a big screen, an those people could benefit from having a similarly large phone with a different name.

For people like me, who initially got a Note for the S-Pen, note taking capabilities, and usefulness beyond merely having a stylus or touch screen; it makes a big difference from other devices which claim to be the same type of "phablet" because they include a large screen.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
James ... I would love to see the Note name remain, even though isn't there already a Note 8 tablet? Maybe go with just N, like the S.

I just can't wait until the next Note is released. Having to go from the N7 to the S7Edge has not been fun. Crummy battery, small internal storage, no iris scanning. I bought a used one on ebay to hold me over until the next Note. It can't get here fast enough.

That said, true Note fans are going to stay Note fans.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, personally, I wouldn't mind a change to the "N" - because then I'd have a phone named after me. "The Galaxy N8" ;)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think the Note name could remain, most likely with something else added after it instead of a number, to basically reset the series. Something like the Note F (foldable).

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Not if rumors are true about the S-Pen coming as an accessory to the S8 and S8+.
The Note series as we know it would be dead and becoming an "S8 or S8+... with a $100 S-Pen."
I'm guessing $100 figuring their going to get their Note price premium one way or another.

I think the Note name could remain, most likely with something else added after it instead of a number, to basically reset the series. Something like the Note F (foldable).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue