Since both the S8s are seeing a price jump, should we all expect to see the Note 8 to be at least $100 more than the Galaxy S8 Plus?
    04-09-2017 05:50 PM
    Yes, exactly that much more.
    04-09-2017 09:39 PM
    I'd say it's gonna be on par with S8+. But if they do follow their $100 price jump across models (their tablet also jumped this year), then yeah, we're looking at a base Note 8 model at 900 buckaroos.
    04-09-2017 09:48 PM
    I am going for $950.00.
    Aquila, debdroid1a and Tmwjam like this.
    04-09-2017 09:55 PM
    I am going for $950.00.
    I think that's the number.
    LineKill and debdroid1a like this.
    04-09-2017 10:50 PM
    Here's a thread on the $950 price range. Someone said they saw the S8+ at $849.99, so add $100 to that and it's $950.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ill-950-a.html
    Aquila and Frozen Corpse like this.
    04-10-2017 06:52 AM
    I can't wait to get into two year debt for a perfect Note8.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-10-2017 10:34 AM
    I am going for $950.00.
    I'm going with $899, just a simple $49 price bump. BUT only if the Note 8 has the same specs as the S8+

If Samsung decide to conclude some fancy new features like having the finger print sensor embedded in the screen, then we might see a $949 but I really hope it's $899. The $9xx price tag just seems to much for a smartphone 😃
    04-11-2017 01:23 AM
    I'm going with $899, just a simple $49 price bump. BUT only if the Note 8 has the same specs as the S8+

If Samsung decide to conclude some fancy new features like having the finger print sensor embedded in the screen, then we might see a $949 but I really hope it's $899. The $9xx price tag just seems to much for a smartphone 😃
    I would definiatley not mind paying $949 if it had an embedded finger print sensor and actually hope that's the case 🤗
    Matty likes this.
    04-11-2017 02:20 AM
    I'm thinking around 950.00 like stated but by the time you add sales tax and a 30.00 fee (Verizon) and a case or 2 close to 1050.00-1100.00.
    04-11-2017 05:56 AM

Agreed.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-16-2017 01:59 AM
    Put the rumors of 128 GB memory and 6 GB RAM, with the under screen finger print, which I'm glad you guys get to test that one out. If these rumors come true and take in account for the normal $100 price jump from the S8 plus, I think you will see $1,000 plus. Start saving your pennies or start hoping for some rumors to be false.
    05-29-2017 09:12 PM
    Put the rumors of 128 GB memory and 6 GB RAM, with the under screen finger print, which I'm glad you guys get to test that one out. If these rumors come true and take in account for the normal $100 price jump from the S8 plus, I think you will see $1,000 plus. Start saving your pennies or start hoping for some rumors to be false.
    My pennies are saved and I am justa waitin😁
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-30-2017 12:16 AM
    Note 7 was $1349 outright here in Australia when it came out. That's $1003US so count yourself lucky - we're already getting ripped off!
    05-30-2017 02:45 AM
    For a $100 premium over the GS8+ it needs to offer a new SoC, which it won't. It needs to have a on screen fingerprint scanner reader and a brand new camera sensor. 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, with a stylus and all the same features of the GS8+ plus won't justify a $100 price increase.

Especially with everything that happened with the Note 7, I would think they would want to win their customers back as fans can easily pick up the cheaper GS8+, others know that the GS9+ would bring all the improvements the Note 8 will not have.

I think anything over $850 is a mistake for the Note 8. Especially when you buy the phone up front, you really start to look at it and wonder what has been improved over the GS8+ that justifies the price increase. Really devalues it if the GS9+ will use all the newer hardware.
    Frozen Corpse and Muessig like this.
    05-30-2017 08:59 AM
    For a $100 premium over the GS8+ it needs to offer a new SoC, which it won't. It needs to have a on screen fingerprint scanner reader and a brand new camera sensor. 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, with a stylus and all the same features of the GS8+ plus won't justify a $100 price increase.

Especially with everything that happened with the Note 7, I would think they would want to win their customers back as fans can easily pick up the cheaper GS8+, others know that the GS9+ would bring all the improvements the Note 8 will not have.

I think anything over $850 is a mistake for the Note 8. Especially when you buy the phone up front, you really start to look at it and wonder what has been improved over the GS8+ that justifies the price increase. Really devalues it if the GS9+ will use all the newer hardware.
    Disagree completely. It doesn't need any of that stuff and if it did have all of that it would cost well north of $1400.
    05-30-2017 12:34 PM

Well said. I'm finding it really hard to justify paying 1k for any phone.
    Bishop_99 likes this.
    05-30-2017 04:01 PM
    Disagree completely. It doesn't need any of that stuff and if it did have all of that it would cost well north of $1400.
    But really that is what the GS9+ will likely end up offering, you know that phone won't be well north of $1,400.

The Note 3 offered significant upgrades over the GS4 and the Note 4 offered significant upgrades over the GS5. The Note 5 was basically a large GS6 with a stylus and the Note 7 was the GS7 Edge with a stylus and Iris Scanner. A real shame if the Note 8 turns out to be a GS8+ with a stylus yet a $950 price tag. I couldn't see a reason why people would buy that when the GS9+ will bring all of the upgrades.

Well said. I'm finding it really hard to justify paying 1k for any phone.
    Yes it is. If you're on a plan, it makes it easier to upgrade and ignore the price you pay. But when you spend $1k upfront to own the phone, you realize how much that $1,000 really is.

Especially if the Note 8 just turns out to be a GS8+ with a stylus, which I hope that isn't the case.
    05-30-2017 05:31 PM
    But really that is what the GS9+ will likely end up offering, you know that phone won't be well north of $1,400.

The Note 3 offered significant upgrades over the GS4 and the Note 4 offered significant upgrades over the GS5. The Note 5 was basically a large GS6 with a stylus and the Note 7 was the GS7 Edge with a stylus and Iris Scanner. A real shame if the Note 8 turns out to be a GS8+ with a stylus yet a $950 price tag. I couldn't see a reason why people would buy that when the GS9+ will bring all of the upgrades.
    The S-Pen itself is $30, that plus a larger display and whatever other improvements will make it worth $100 for a lot of people. The only reason they wouldn't use an upgraded SoC is if they're releasing the device before the new chips release - which they are. The RAM, Camera, etc - these are all things that get updated when updates are available, not just to fill a spec sheet. We're looking for performance, not just meaningless numbers. If the dual camera rumor is true though, then that + S-Pen is $100 right there.

I seriously doubt the S9 will have 128 GB as a base storage option, haven't seen anything to indicate they were going to change cameras or increase RAM, etc. The only thing that seems somewhat solid is that they'll be using the Snapdragon 845, which will be similarly priced to the 835 so no price increase to pass to consumers there.

Finally, the Note 8 is not meant to be an upgrade from the S8. It's meant to be a larger, s-pen enabled option for people who want the Note line. The idea isn't supposed to be that you buy the S8 and then 6 months later buy the Note 8 and then 6 months later buy the S9. Samsung still believes the average usage of a device is between 1 and 2 years.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-30-2017 05:52 PM
    I can easily see 950 being the price.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-30-2017 06:03 PM
    The S-Pen itself is $30, that plus a larger display and whatever other improvements will make it worth $100 for a lot of people. The only reason they wouldn't use an upgraded SoC is if they're releasing the device before the new chips release - which they are. The RAM, Camera, etc - these are all things that get updated when updates are available, not just to fill a spec sheet. We're looking for performance, not just meaningless numbers. If the dual camera rumor is true though, then that + S-Pen is $100 right there.

I seriously doubt the S9 will have 128 GB as a base storage option, haven't seen anything to indicate they were going to change cameras or increase RAM, etc. The only thing that seems somewhat solid is that they'll be using the Snapdragon 845, which will be similarly priced to the 835 so no price increase to pass to consumers there.

Finally, the Note 8 is not meant to be an upgrade from the S8. It's meant to be a larger, s-pen enabled option for people who want the Note line. The idea isn't supposed to be that you buy the S8 and then 6 months later buy the Note 8 and then 6 months later buy the S9. Samsung still believes the average usage of a device is between 1 and 2 years.
    The Note line was meant for one audience while the S line was meant for another audience. After that GS6, that pretty much changed and the Note line has basically become the S line with a stylus. $30 extra for the stylus or not, it lost its identity and the different costumer base it aimed for. A dual camera would be an interesting change, probably something in line with the addition of the Iris scanner on the Note 7 last year, but these changes are really limited when you compare it to the updates the Note line use to get. Lets say it's all 64GB

We know it won't have the S845, but Samsung could have put in some work to use a newer and better Exynos chip.

The S line was aimed at one group of buyers and the Note line was aimed at another group. So the cycle of upgrades was 1 or 2 years. Even so, Samsung use to actually provide improvements in the Note line over the S line released that same year.

In 2013, the GS4 had the S600 while the Note 3 had the S800 SoC. GS4 maxed out at 1080p 30fps video recording and playback, while the Note 3 had 1080p at 60fps and introduced 4k recording at 30fps. 2GB of RAM vs 3GB RAM. VoLTE,

Then it was the GS5 with the S801, 2GB RAM, improved display quality over the Note 3, questionable ISO Cell Camera imo, but at least they tried something new and water resistant. The Note 4 came with the S805, 3GB RAM, a 1440p display, another new sony camera sensor, and some other changes.

Then came in the GS6 and the design centric nature we are in.

There were a lot of changes made on a hardware level between the S Line and the Note Line and the S. Now the Note line ends up being an S line version with a Pen, while the S line gets all the upgrades. It's a trend I hope Samsung changes.
    05-30-2017 06:33 PM
    The Note line was meant for one audience while the S line was meant for another audience. After that GS6, that pretty much changed and the Note line has basically become the S line with a stylus. $30 extra for the stylus or not, it lost its identity and the different costumer base it aimed for. A dual camera would be an interesting change, probably something in line with the addition of the Iris scanner on the Note 7 last year, but these changes are really limited when you compare it to the updates the Note line use to get. Lets say it's all 64GB

We know it won't have the S845, but Samsung could have put in some work to use a newer and better Exynos chip.

The S line was aimed at one group of buyers and the Note line was aimed at another group. So the cycle of upgrades was 1 or 2 years. Even so, Samsung use to actually provide improvements in the Note line over the S line released that same year.

In 2013, the GS4 had the S600 while the Note 3 had the S800 SoC. GS4 maxed out at 1080p 30fps video recording and playback, while the Note 3 had 1080p at 60fps and introduced 4k recording at 30fps. 2GB of RAM vs 3GB RAM. VoLTE,

Then it was the GS5 with the S801, 2GB RAM, improved display quality over the Note 3, questionable ISO Cell Camera imo, but at least they tried something new. The Note 4 came with the S805, 3GB RAM, a 1440p display, another new sony camera sensor, and some other changes.

Then came in the GS6 and the design centric nature we are in.

There were a lot of changes made on a hardware level between the S Line and the Note Line and the S. Now the Note line ends up being an S line version with a Pen, while the S line gets all the upgrades. It's a trend I hope Samsung changes.
    Yeah now that the spec race has plateaued, there's not a whole lot of differentiation opportunity.
    05-30-2017 06:35 PM
    Yeah now that the spec race has plateaued, there's not a whole lot of differentiation opportunity.
    yes, except that it was moved to the S line. The Note series is the one that plateaued as you can see the differences between the Note 5 vs the GS7 and the Note 7 vs the GS8
    05-30-2017 06:48 PM
    Im not too worried about the price because I am going to do a bogo and get a note and an active
    05-30-2017 07:13 PM
    I think we all can agree that the note 8 is not going to be the same price as the S8 plus.
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-30-2017 09:44 PM
163 123 ...