Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Exploding battery obviously.

But also:
-red/yellow/any color tint and screen unevenness
-dead pixels
-random reboots

After Note7 fiasco Note8 better be perfect. I wonder what is wrong with Samsung quality control to release so many s8s with those issues?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

But also:
-dead pixels
-random reboots

After Note7 fiasco Note8 better be perfect. I wonder what is wrong with Samsung quality control to release so many s8s with those issues?

If you're reading about those problems on forums, then, yeah, you'll hear about problems. People usually don't post on this forum unless they have a problem.

Also, "perfect"? You'll be waiting forever for a perfect phone.

Last edited:

anon(634141)

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This won't happen but for the record (Samsung if you're reading); I don't want a sealed embedded battery, glass back or curved tall screen. I don't want a glorified S series device with the S Pen! Instead return the Note to its former glory as a productivity device (ex. refine the Note 4 design)!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

But also:
-dead pixels
-random reboots

What percentage of S8s have those issues?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard about anything potentially coming with the Galaxy Note 8 that I don't want. The Galaxy Note 8 is normally just a refined S8 with small improvements here and there. I've only heard really good rumours about the Note 8. 😃

Obviously any issues with the Galaxy S8, I would like to be fixed before the Note 8 launches. I'm sure Samsung will do a great job. The Note 7 was a once off thing that I don't think we need to think about again.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This won't happen but for the record (Samsung if you're reading); I don't want a sealed embedded battery, glass back or curved tall screen. I don't want a glorified S series device with the S Pen! Instead return the Note to its former glory as a productivity device (ex. refine the Note 4 design)!

I'll agree with you on all parts, but the sealed battery. I don't care either way, but most get cases, as I do. So it's a pain to change out.

I was fine with the S5 plastic phone and backing. I thought the back looked nice. So glass is not required, especially putting a case on it.

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Give us a Quad HD+ screen, 6GB RAM and the S-Pen and they can do whatever else they want. I'd like to see a fixed fingerprint scanner placement but I'll strongly consider swapping my S8 for it regardless.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Replaceable battery, infrared capability, waterproof (if possible w/replaceable battery), old style "do not disturb", former S Finder, sturdier S pen, and front facing speakers.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
There is only 1 thing I can think of that I really do not want. I do not want the fingerprint sensor located where it is on the S8.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I do not want curved glass. Please, no curved display. Although, that one concept looked sweet as all heck. So I guess what I'm saying is, no curved display, unless it looks like that one.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I'll agree with you on all parts, but the sealed battery. I don't care either way, but most get cases, as I do. So it's a pain to change out.

I was fine with the S5 plastic phone and backing. I thought the back looked nice. So glass is not required, especially putting a case on it.

Unfortunately, Samsung phones cannot propel to premium status (to compete with iPhone) and command its current price if it sticks to plastic and removable back.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
There is only 1 thing I can think of that I really do not want. I do not want the fingerprint sensor located where it is on the S8.

My thought exactly......Embed the FPS under the front display. But please do not put it where it is on my S8+. Good thing iris scanning works so well :)

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My thought exactly......Embed the FPS under the front display. But please do put it where it is on my S8+. Good thing iris scanning works so well :)
That is my ultimate preference, embedded into the display. If they are not ready for that technology yet, in the back would be fine, just a little lower and centered. I would even be ok with it built into the power button. Please though, not where it is on the S8/S8+. Please...

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That is my ultimate preference, embedded into the display. If they are not ready for that technology yet, in the back would be fine, just a little lower and centered. I would even be ok with it built into the power button. Please though, not where it is on the S8/S8+. Please...
Yeah if they can't make it work under the front display then please move it under the camera and make it round for goodness sakes :)

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
According to the Synaptics press release, the under glass fingerprint tech is now done and will be "In mass production 3rd quarter 2017". Just in time for the Note 8. :)