Latest rumor: 3x Telephoto Lens

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the "latest" rumor... Didn't we hear about this about a week or two ago? Maybe I'm in a time warp?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Another way for water to get in if there's a seal failure.

Either way, does nothing for me. If I want to take great pictures I'll use a camera that's not a Swiss Army phone of half decent options.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Either way, does nothing for me. If I want to take great pictures I'll use a camera that's not a Swiss Army phone of half decent options.

Honestly for day time shots my S7 takes just as good of shots as my Nikon D3200. I like going for walks, keep a telephoto lens on the DSLR for birds and such, use the phone for macro and closer shots. Also very nice having the water resistance, not putting my camera in the water like I do my phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Same here. Another gimmick to charge more for the phone. If I want nice pictures I'm not using a phone. Give me something like IR blaster that would be more useful.

If I want to take amazing pictures I will use a traditional camera.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly for day time shots my S7 takes just as good of shots as my Nikon D3200. I like going for walks, keep a telephoto lens on the DSLR for birds and such, use the phone for macro and closer shots. Also very nice having the water resistance, not putting my camera in the water like I do my phone.
Well there is a difference between water resistant and water proof, I'm not taking my phone in the water intentionally either.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Another gimmick to charge more for the phone. If I want nice pictures I'm not using a phone. Give me something like IR blaster that would be more useful.

If I want to take amazing pictures I will use a traditional camera.

Once you have it you'll be surprised at how often you use it.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

That was what I thought last time. But nowadays with such good camera on phones, I simply go on holiday without my DSLR. The photos from phones itself are superb for sharing on FB, instagram etc, which is really what most people do nowadays. Pixel peeping is mostly a thing of the past unless you're a professional.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That was what I thought last time. But nowadays with such good camera on phones, I simply go on holiday without my DSLR. The photos from phones itself are superb for sharing on FB, instagram etc, which is really what most people do nowadays. Pixel peeping is mostly a thing of the past unless you're a professional.
That's what I'm saying, most people use their phones to take pictures for Facebook, Instagram, snap chat, and so on. The camera we have today is more then good enough for that if not over kill. Anyone serious about taking quality pictures aren't running to their phone camera to do it and never will.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe some of the moaning in here. Nobody carries a DSLR EVERYWHERE they go and have it in their pockets, ready for opportune moments that arise out the blue. Sure if you're going on a day trip or a holiday you might have it with you but your phone is for spur of the moment stuff and I for one want the best possible camera handy for those moments and I always have my phone on me.
Geez! "if I want to make a call I'll go and use a real phone, like a phone box or a landline in my house"

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe some of the moaning in here. Nobody carries a DSLR EVERYWHERE they go and have it in their pockets, ready for opportune moments that arise out the blue. Sure if you're going on a day trip or a holiday you might have it with you but your phone is for spur of the moment stuff and I for one want the best possible camera handy for those moments and I always have my phone on me.
Geez! "if I want to make a call I'll go and use a real phone, like a phone box or a landline in my house"
You are right. I haven't had a land line in over 10 years but I've been missing a lot of quality phone calls. Calling today to get a landline.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
In all seriousness, this is a mobile forum and is taking about mobile photography. Mobile Photography has advanced a lot and has had lot of impact on our every day life capturing moments.

So, if you are a DSLR person, sure but this is not the right forum or venue to discuss or bring up that you would rather use a DLSR instead of your smartphone.

Thanks!

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Pretty amusing. Congrats!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, I've had two expensive Nikon DSLRs stolen in the course of 10 years on vacation. One out of a rental car and one out of a Hotel Room - there's a major advantage of a quality smartphone camera in your pocket! I still have a Nikon D80 but it sits at home most of the time out of fear... it's really too bad!

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

This is so true. As the saying goes, "The best camera is the one you have you with you". Most people carry their phones with them everywhere, so having the best mobile photography is a real boon. My Galaxy S5 takes better, more detailed pics in daylight than my Sony compact. The Sony however blows it out of the water in low light.

Why the complaints? A phone can equal a pricey camera in daylight. And now advances are coming for low light. We should all be happy that we can take great pics with something that easily fits in our pockets.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

This! If people don't want all the bells and whistles they don't need to buy a flagship. I for one own a DSLR, I don't carry it everywhere, I say give me a better camera set up on my phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What is a cell phone, that not a real phone. Last I checked, there is a phone in there.

Some of you young Millenials probably don't don't know what this is.

73f3e02cd041af6d7711bfb76ace6d55.jpg

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I've had two expensive Nikon DSLRs stolen in the course of 10 years on vacation. One out of a rental car and one out of a Hotel Room - there's a major advantage of a quality smartphone camera in your pocket! I still have a Nikon D80 but it sits at home most of the time out of fear... it's really too bad!

Thievery is rampant. I know because I represent the miscreants. But the newest trend is pilfering mailboxes. A key costs less than $100. Just had an Amazon order stolen. Mail to an office address if possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress