09-23-2017 10:11 PM
35 12
tools
    Just watched a video that shows how to bring back the action memo and s note that was removed from the N8. Thanks to guy who made this and shows us how to get it back.

09-03-2017 09:39 AM
    I haven't got the phone yet but this is really frustrating; the Action memo was great!
    thankfully they managed to bring it back.
    09-03-2017 10:31 AM
    Yes but having to use an apk file shouldn't be necessary. It should be built in
    09-03-2017 10:44 AM
    Well that's th good thing about android. There's almost always a way to get what you want.
    09-03-2017 12:48 PM
    Great find, thanks. I know several people who will be very happy about this.
    Cary Quinn and sandra_17 like this.
    09-03-2017 01:31 PM
    Many, many, many thanks!
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    09-03-2017 05:52 PM
    Yes but having to use an apk file shouldn't be necessary. It should be built in
    All apps are APK. I'm glad Samsung took some of the bloat out and left it up to the customer to decide if they want these apps or not. Some people like to use different note apps.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    09-03-2017 07:38 PM
    Just watched a video that shows how to bring back the action memo and s note that was removed from the N8. Thanks to guy who made this and shows us how to get it back.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I can't explain what a damper not being able to have S Note available was for me. I couldn't get the .apk's I installed on the store model to work. I really thought Samsung was blocking something. It was starting to feel like it's not truly going to be a Note to me if I couldn't access all the tools I've used and relied on all these years.

I'm guessing it didn't work for me because of the older versions that I used.

Anyhow, THANK YOU!
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-04-2017 12:36 AM
    Hope Samsung just add it to their store
    09-04-2017 08:13 AM
    Have any new N8 owners got it back yet?
    BonJoviGurl likes this.
    09-06-2017 07:42 AM
    The videos I saw about the Note 8, and the S-pen shows a guy popping up a blank white note screen the same way we used to pull up the quick notes. It might end up being the best of both worlds, a fuller, higher quality note pop up, that you can use in Samsung notes to tag, organize and add photos to.

Like I said in another post... we spend $1000 to get the latest and greatest phone on the market, so that we can make changes to it, to run just like the old phone.
    09-06-2017 10:01 AM
    Have any new N8 owners got it back yet?
    I did Katrina. I think the reason it didn't work on the store model is because I tried a much older version of S Note. I used the links in the youtube comments for S Note, the Extension Pack, the Widget and EasyChart.

He didn't include links for the other add-ons, so I used the .apk's for Idea Sketch, Photo Note and Scrapbook from our Note 7 fix (https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-s-note.html).

Everything seems to be working, except for the option to double tap to bring up Action Memo, or adding it to the S Pen Shortcuts. Instead I added S Notes to the S Pen Shortcuts, and from there opened a new Action Memo. Not ideal, but all of Action Memo's options are there and seem to be working properly.

*** Note ***
    Remember to go to each of those seven apps after installed to allow all permissions. I guess because we're side loading them we're not prompted when first opening each one??
    09-06-2017 10:07 AM
    Here's how it worked....How to get back Action memo and S Note-screenshot_20170906-110824.jpgHow to get back Action memo and S Note-screenshot_20170906-111023.jpgHow to get back Action memo and S Note-screenshot_20170906-111114.jpgHow to get back Action memo and S Note-screenshot_20170906-111258.jpg
    09-06-2017 10:20 AM
    Good news! Thank you!
    sandra_17 likes this.
    09-06-2017 10:25 AM
    The videos I saw about the Note 8, and the S-pen shows a guy popping up a blank white note screen the same way we used to pull up the quick notes. It might end up being the best of both worlds, a fuller, higher quality note pop up, that you can use in Samsung notes to tag, organize and add photos to.

Like I said in another post... we spend $1000 to get the latest and greatest phone on the market, so that we can make changes to it, to run just like the old phone.
    Not sure what "Quick Notes" was, but nothing about Samsung Notes is remotely like S Note and Action Memo. From Action Memo you can "Link to Action", which allows you to call, add to contacts, send an email, search the internet, send a text, map an address or add a task to your calendar. There is also the option to set that Action Memo as a reminder.

S Note itself is so rich in features. In the video Connert posted - https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...=1#post5940561 -
    you can get some idea of the features S Note is packed with. In my previous post, just look at the list of .apk's for a feel. And the Extension Pack has even more. Samsung Notes is a glorified/simplified MS Paint.

I've also yet to see the links to phone call, contacts or email show up in a Samsung Note like one document pictured. Would love to see if anyone got that to work. Regardless tho, I am quite content with having this back. In no way imaginable is Samsung Notes "the best of both worlds". The "latest and greatest phone on the market" should have the greatest software on it still, instead of dumbing it down for users with simpler needs.
    09-06-2017 10:30 AM
    I did Katrina. I think the reason it didn't work on the store model is because I tried a much older version of S Note. I used the links in the youtube comments for S Note, the Extension Pack, the Widget and EasyChart.

He didn't include links for the other add-ons, so I used the .apk's for Idea Sketch, Photo Note and Scrapbook from our Note 7 fix (https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-s-note.html).

Everything seems to be working, except for the option to double tap to bring up Action Memo, or adding it to the S Pen Shortcuts. Instead I added S Notes to the S Pen Shortcuts, and from there opened a new Action Memo. Not ideal, but all of Action Memo's options are there and seem to be working properly.

*** Note ***
    Remember to go to each of those seven apps after installed to allow all permissions. I guess because we're side loading them we're not prompted when first opening each one??
    Scrapbook and Photo Note won't work for me. Bummer. Hope it's is isolated to me. Still got Action Memo to work and over the moon about to that
    09-06-2017 12:03 PM
    what happens to the action memo I have on note 5. Does Samsung sync my action memo on note 5 as regular S-note to note 8?
    09-06-2017 12:15 PM
    Scrapbook and Photo Note won't work for me. Bummer. Hope it's is isolated to me. Still got Action Memo to work and over the moon about to that
    You're right. Didn't for me just now either (I had only installed it, hadn't tried it yet). As time permits maybe I'll mess with older versions of S Note that it did work with on the N7. Hopefully one of the versions between what I installed in the store, and this one will do the trick. Got a lot more setting up to do on this N8 before I experiment more

I'm with you on Action Memo! That had me the most pissed. You can see in the screenshots above how many I have, lol (tho that folder could definitely use some housekeeping!).
    Lyspaere likes this.
    09-06-2017 12:27 PM
    what happens to the action memo I have on note 5. Does Samsung sync my action memo on note 5 as regular S-note to note 8?
    I've never synced my memos & notes, and definitely not to Samsung Notes. I've just always copied the SnoteData folder over to the new phone & the first time you open S Note it loads them all.
    09-06-2017 12:30 PM
    Scrapbook and Photo Note won't work for me....
    I haven't tried this yet, but a couple of thoughts...

My N5 has Scrapbook v. 16.1.20 and Photonote v. 4.2.08

These are the versions available on apkmirror.com:

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...apbook+samsung

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...o+note+samsung

Was considering uninstalling the ones I linked to from the N7 fix and trying one of those. But wanted to ask those of you have used those 2 features how different, if at all they are from what is built into S Note (see pic).

09-06-2017 02:53 PM
    I haven't tried this yet, but a couple of thoughts...

My N5 has Scrapbook v. 16.1.20 and Photonote v. 4.2.08

These are the versions available on apkmirror.com:

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...apbook+samsung

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...o+note+samsung

Was considering uninstalling the ones I linked to from the N7 fix and trying one of those. But wanted to ask those of you have used those 2 features how different, if at all they are from what is built into S Note (see pic).

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...76321c5144.jpg
    I was just messing around again, and the extension pack as well as the widget are both unsupported also.

Personally, I really can't speak to the differences you're asking about. My first Note was 7, and I'm not one of the few who decided to keep the live grenade, hoping it never went off (but I've really missed that phone).I know the little research I've done into Photo Note, thatcouks be a really useful app.

The more I saw people frustrated about the paring down of S Note to what's left, the more research I did to see what all the hullabaloo was about, & saw that it used to be something that was pretty defining for the Note line.

I've tried downloading a couple different versions of each of the apps, to see if I could get any of them to work, and I get error messages for each of them. "No longer supported" blah blah blah.
    09-07-2017 12:17 AM
    I was just messing around again, and the extension pack as well as the widget are both unsupported also....
    Those are working fine for me. Did you install the versions of them from my earlier post? Also, if you didn't, be sure to allow all permissions for each of the .apk's you installed. Let me know if that works or not. I'd be glad to help.
    09-07-2017 06:57 AM
    Damn... Just noticed Easy Chart isn't working. I'll have to add that to my list to figure out. I remember when it got removed from maybe my N5 with one of the S Note updates. Hopefully when I figure out which I can get all the components working.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-07-2017 06:59 AM
    Nice, thanks for the info. I am now able to create action memos also have them save directly to Evernote my note taking app of choice. Any one know how to re-direct off screen memos to be saved directly to S Note (which has option to save to Evernote). I know my Note 5 off screen memo are saved on Evernote but somehow can't figure out how to do the same with my Note 8. Thanks in advance!
    09-13-2017 10:47 AM
    Joining this late, but I found widget and extension pack are not supported. S Note worked but not for a Screen off memo. I could do without the widget and extension pack. But having S Note as my Screen Off memo app is more desirable. I really don't want to maintain 2 different note apps ie. Samsung Note and S Note.
    09-13-2017 11:07 AM
35 12