Note 8 battery life appears better than S8+

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if someone has already posted this. I didn't find it. One the YouTube reviewers did a comprehensive battery test of several phones including the OnePlus 5, Note 8, S8+, and the S7 Edge.

Surprisingly, the Note 8 pretty much dominates until the very last test, where only the OP5 beats it. This makes me personally feel a lot better about the smaller battery size in the Note 8.

This is the video https://youtu.be/rQqreS_LHd8.

Travis Biggs

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Nice little video. Makes me feel a little better about the battery life. I'm currently on an S8 and the battery life is so-so at best. In order to be satisfied with the Note 8, it has to at least match what I have now. Based on that video it looks like that standard should be no problem.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Note 8 Battery Life

I had to get out of the Pre Order thread. Looks like Tmo is gonna let me down. Congrats on the VZW/Sprint folks that get theirs early.

Lets talk about battery life on the Note 8 - I am sure most of us when we learned of the smaller battery size compared to the N8+ we got worried about battery life. In fact many in the media started to bash the phone as being nerf'd.

Well several sources have tested the N8's batteyr life against the competition and suprisingly enough. the Note 8 is holding its own, if not dominating to an extent.

https://youtu.be/0BcpLU-3j3w Here is one

And now Toms Hardware did their testing and came up with the same conclusion.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-note-8-battery-life,news-25785.html

Guess the optimizations and 10nm processor helps :)

Trying to get my mind off hitting F5 on UPS.COM and Irma headed my way.

jadedangel143

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 8 Battery Life

I'm personally expecting great battery life. Perks of being blind person who uses a screenreader. Turning screen brightness to 0%, put resolution to 720, turn off always on display and turn on screen blackout feature when i'm out so sighted people don't read my phone. I won't be shocked if i get at least 8 hours of screen on time.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Is there any legitimacy to a Samsung Note 8 battery (today) being made better than what's in a S8 or any other competitive previous Samsung device... thereby the 3300 mAh is more efficient than the other slightly higher rated mAh batteries out there?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Is there any legitimacy to a Samsung Note 8 battery (today) being made better than what's in a S8 or any other competitive previous Samsung device... thereby the 3300 mAh is more efficient than the other slightly higher rated mAh batteries out there?
I doubt it's more efficient battery. It's more efficient software if anything. It's also on Android 7.1.1 vs. 7.0 .

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So far my Note 8 hasn't had the best battery life but there are two factors to consider. 1. I'm setting it all up and re-downloading apps and stuff like that. 2. I believe that the battery is never the most efficient right out of the box, I seem to get a "normal" reading and true idea of what the battery is like after a few cycles of running it down to about 20% and charging it to full.

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Today, under normal (for me) use, what would've knocked off 10% on my S7 took off 2% from the Note 8 by my morning break. I've got screen set to 4K, same apps running as on the S7...with a top off from 95% to full on lunch, and a little more use afterwards, I never saw the phone go below 90% all day long.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I hope it's no worse than the S8+. My S8+ performance has dropped off significantly since day 1. Can't get through a full day usually with 3 hours of SOT time. I do have push email all day and usually hundreds of emails but I'm disappointed in the S8+. My expectations are low for the N8 but I hope it can at least hold serve. I'd consider S8+ fair at best. My old iPhone 7+ could go almost 2 days on a charge with the same usage pattern. The standby drain is the killer.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 8 Battery Life

I had to get out of the Pre Order thread. Looks like Tmo is gonna let me down. Congrats on the VZW/Sprint folks that get theirs early.

Lets talk about battery life on the Note 8 - I am sure most of us when we learned of the smaller battery size compared to the N8+ we got worried about battery life. In fact many in the media started to bash the phone as being nerf'd.

Well several sources have tested the N8's batteyr life against the competition and suprisingly enough. the Note 8 is holding its own, if not dominating to an extent.

https://youtu.be/0BcpLU-3j3w Here is one

And now Toms Hardware did their testing and came up with the same conclusion.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-note-8-battery-life,news-25785.html

Guess the optimizations and 10nm processor helps :)

Trying to get my mind off hitting F5 on UPS.COM and Irma headed my way.
Same chip as 8+, bigger display, more ram, pen touch substrate and smaller battery. Battery tests are comically subjective. If you are happy, that's what counts.