Share photos taken on your Note 8!

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
The Dot is just as good as the big one. Alexa started playing Christmas music when she heard her name on the Garmin commercial this morning..... Lol

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought 6 of the 2nd generation Echo Dots as Christmas presents a year ago when they were on sale. They were universally well received. This year, I bought everyone an Echo compatible Wemo smartplug to go with last year's dot.

As I write this , I am listening to an audible book being played on my dot. I use it daily for news, weather/temperature and timers. I have used it to make purchases and my favorite function, turning on the lights. This has also been a big hit with the folks on the gift list.

I was tempted to try out a Google home mini. After reading the comments here and elsewhere I think I will wait. I am very happy with all the Echo products.

I have Nest kit in my house. Light bulbs, plugs, sensors and a camera. My new year project is to get the heating working with it ( my combi boiler is not compatible but I'm nothing if not creative).

Was debating whether to get a dot or a Google mini. Think I will go down the Amazon route.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone with the latest update that included Live Focus tweaks confirm if it made much improvement? I'm still waiting on the update and currently find Live Focus pretty unreliable. It often doesn't even apply it (due to shooting conditions) or when it does the subjects edges are really blurred. Portrait Mode on the iPhones and Wide Aperture mode on my Huawei P10 had way better success rate for me.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone with the latest update that included Live Focus tweaks confirm if it made much improvement? I'm still waiting on the update and currently find Live Focus pretty unreliable. It often doesn't even apply it (due to shooting conditions) or when it does the subjects edges are really blurred. Portrait Mode on the iPhones and Wide Aperture mode on my Huawei P10 had way better success rate for me.

Ask "yarnsrj" - post 2395 - that shot from last night looks pretty damned good to me!

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, the latest update I have on my phone was a security patch on Dec 27. No mention of anything else updated. I find with the live focus shots, I have the most success in daylight with natural lighting. Otherwise I get the live focus not applied due to shooting conditions. 20171226_113511.jpg20171226_113319.jpg20171023_160625.jpg

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I know it isn't that cold, but everyone down here complains that it is "freezing" and it is a lot colder than we are used to...LOL

It is supposed to get in to the 20 at my house this upcoming weekend, so thanks for send the cold my way everyone. I personally welcome the change, my wife on the other hand is not too happy.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
When I'm having a hot flash, I welcome the cold, but for only five minutes. Then I run back inside the house!
Colder than Florida thoughScreenshot_20180102-170015.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer