Have you now sworn off pre-orders?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Official release day is Friday 9-15-2017. Yet a good bit of you still have no device even though you pre-ordered early on. I've never pre-ordered. Looking forward to Friday.

Some of you have your devices but there was stress and mayhem. Your phones saw pretty much all of the U.S. You didn't receive current tracking.

Considering this experience, will you ever pre order again, whether direct, through a carrier, or BB?

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I had good luck pre-ordering my S7E from Samsung. I pre-ordered the N8 from BB in the store. That will never happen again. I did cancel the order and re-ordered it directly from Verizon and got it the next day. So - I would pre-order from my carrier (Verizon) but never from BB whether online or in the store. I might pre-order from Samsung. At this point, for what the N8 cost, it will be a couple of years before I consider acquiring a new phone anyway.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
No complaints here, placed my order on Aug 30th and received my phone on 9/12. I ordered through Samsung (Verizon phone).

When i buy a new phone (hopefully in 3 + years) i will most likely pre-order, i always am able to sell the free gifts and make a little cash back.

diamrem

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have issues, preordered the 25th they said it was gonna ship the 5th never did. Been waiting for a week. I think they lost my phone so gotta check on it tonight and hopefully gonna get my phone tomorrow. I thought I would get it early but my luck ran out. Hopefully not gonna get another phone any time soon.

YaniCruz

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
Official release day is Friday 9-15-2017. Yet a good bit of you still have no device even though you pre-ordered early on. I've never pre-ordered. Looking forward to Friday.

Some of you have your devices but there was stress and mayhem. Your phones saw pretty much all of the U.S. You didn't receive current tracking.

Considering this experience, will you ever pre order again, whether direct, through a carrier, or BB?

I got mines early through AT&T. But I regret it now because the promotions came after Sept 8th and missed out on a good deal. I'm also returning the phone for a defect and it's a process since I can't just go to the store and get a replacement yet. I'll most definitely not pre order next time, save me from some stress lol

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a perfect preorder experience through VZW. Too perfect in fact as I was not expecting to receive it so quickly and had to wait for my case to arrive before I switched over. :p

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'll preorder again. Well when it comes to a note phone lol. Verizon shocked me this year by shipping early lol. I ordered the August 24th at 1:15am and got note8 on Sept 5th.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Preordered mine via Verizon and got it 9/5, which is 10 days ahead of the stores. Why would that be stressful?

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I did the pre order for the s8, s8+ and Note 8 and there were all great experiences. I will most likely pre-order through Sprint again.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered right away through Verizon, changed my mind and cancelled it, later changed my mind AGAIN and re-ordered it 9/4, I got the phone the next day....yup totally fine with pre-orders ;)

Thomas Kreh

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Pre-ordered from Best Buy the night it was available. Received it on the 5th and activated that afternoon. Submitted my trade in info through Verizon for my Note5 and submitted info for my Gear360. My trade in I shipped off today, my Gear360 arrived yesterday. So it took me a week from submitting all my info to get my reward and ship out my trade. I've never had a pre-order go as smooth and as quickly as this one. Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied and would certainly do it again.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The phone is not officially released for 2 more days and yet I've been in Note 8 bliss for an entire week now. I will certainly pre-order in the future. Every time I've pre-ordered, it's been a treat and a great experience. I feel for those who've had bad luck, and i'm sure it'll happen to me eventually. As for now, I am a firm believer in pre ordering. There's nothing like getting home and having my phone on my table for me to set up instead of going into a crowded store with a long wait (appointment or not) and have THEM unbox my phone and do everything for the first time to activate it. It feels like a used phone at that point.

jadedangel143

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
No, i'm not preordering at least from best buy again. Typing this on hold with bb trying to get the first note 8 they sent me returned cause it was busted.