09-21-2017 04:31 PM
53 123
tools
    As the title suggest, which is the best screen protector for the Note 8, Glass or Film? I heard the Glass ones can fall off and that some of them collects dust around the edges but Glass seems to be the new popular trend.. Plus, I read that "some" Glass shields are not as case friendly as the Film is.. So please list which Note 8 screen protector you are using (and if it's Glass or Film) and if you would purchase it again or not.. Photos are always welcome.
    jptouchton likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:33 AM
    Unfortunately for me, I've had no luck with screen protectors on a curved screen since the S6 edge. It's very difficult to get a good fit, the tempered glass comes off, doesn't fit many cases and has poor touch sensitivity. The film usually gets that orange peel look and also has issues with some cases.
    09-14-2017 05:50 AM
    As the title suggest, which is the best screen protector for the Note 8, Glass or Film? I heard the Glass ones can fall off and that some of them collects dust around the edges but Glass seems to be the new popular trend.. Plus, I read that "some" Glass shields are not as case friendly as the Film is.. So please list which Note 8 screen protector you are using (and if it's Glass or Film) and if you would purchase it again or not..

Photos are always welcome.
    Film type. It's thick, but the case fits on fine. It wraps around on the side to the back. If my fingernail is on it, it drags and feels tacky. Spen works fine on it.

I haven't tried to take the case off. I wouldn't mind a better one that didn't feel as thick.

Here's a pic after I first received my phone before it was set up. Screen protector and case on.
    Attached Thumbnails *Best Note 8 Screen Protector Glass or Film?-3371.jpg  
    09-14-2017 08:14 AM
    I had the film on my S8. Took the leap to glass with the Note. Using an Otterbox Defender case. No fitment issues. Sensitivity may be ever so slightly diminished but you can't beat the feel of glass.
    09-14-2017 08:28 AM
    I prefer the Film.... Best Buy carries the Zagg Glass one..... But gee, at $49.99... IDK.. That seems like a lot... Anyone have that one?
    09-14-2017 08:29 AM
    I just installed the other day, zagat HD glass. Edge protection as well. So far it's great!
    09-14-2017 08:31 AM
    I prefer the Film.... Best Buy carries the Zagg Glass one..... But gee, at $49.99... IDK.. That seems like a lot... Anyone have that one?
    I do and I am loving it so far.
    09-14-2017 08:36 AM
    I haven't used one since my S7 edge. I didn't have a single scratch on that phone.
    09-14-2017 09:00 AM
    I dont even bother even the best still afect performance clean surface os always better , I also use a case with beltclip that protects the phones face
    09-14-2017 09:06 AM
    Yes, I only use the Zagg glass one. It will take the impact and crack before your screen does, with the lifetime gurantee you can send it back and get a replacement for the price of shipping. Ihave been using Zagg for over 5 years on all of my iPhones with no screen cracks/shatters. They have great products. You pay more, but the impact protection is worth it.
    09-14-2017 09:20 AM
    has anyone ever tried Whitestone dome?
    AnotherInternetGuy likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:29 AM
    has anyone ever tried Whitestone dome?
    not yet, but starting to lean that way
    09-14-2017 10:31 AM
    Yes, it is GREAT. They made a lot of improvements for the Note8 including a "fool-proof" way to install it perfectly. It is case friendly too.
    I ordered directly from Zagg and got a $5 coupon using code "zagg10".
    09-14-2017 11:01 AM
    Wow... A couple of good reviews on the Zagg Glass... I guess you guys are liking it... Good to know... Maybe I'll grab one.. Tnx...
    gyounk likes this.
    09-14-2017 12:04 PM
    Unfortunately for me, I've had no luck with screen protectors on a curved screen since the S6 edge. It's very difficult to get a good fit, the tempered glass comes off, doesn't fit many cases and has poor touch sensitivity. The film usually gets that orange peel look and also has issues with some cases.
    I'm using these... They are film and I'm using a case that has not caused any problems.
    areyes163 likes this.
    09-14-2017 08:48 PM
    I'm using these... They are film and I'm using a case that has not caused any problems. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3cd86b18a9.jpg
    This case also got some good reviews (online).... The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that I just purchased the Samsung case with stand.... And Spigen list this as compatible with their Spigen cases... Not sure if that's a sales tactic or not but it's making me think twice about purchasing it.. I'm sure others as well... Btw.... Which case are you using?
    09-14-2017 09:03 PM
    This case also got some good reviews (online).... The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that I just purchased the Samsung case with stand.... And Spigen list this as compatible with their Spigen cases... Not sure if that's a sales tactic or not but it's making me think twice about purchasing it.. I'm sure others as well... Btw.... Which case are you using?
    It has S pen issues! Not very smooth to draw or write, it feels like is made of rubber. It is pretty much the same with all wet applied screen protectors.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-14-2017 09:28 PM
    I'm using these... They are film and I'm using a case that has not caused any problems. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3cd86b18a9.jpg
    Use the same one. Works great.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:10 AM
    I purchased the Verizon-branded tempered glass protector and after several 'tries' I got a sense of how to fit it properly. I likely compromised the adhesive but it's still holding though I have a spare just in case. I also have the ArmorSuit soft protector standing-by. The ArmorSuit films on my Note Edge, S7 Edge and S8 Plus are still in good shape dating to June of 2016 on the S7 Edge and Note Edge. When installing the ArmorSuit (wet application) once you are satisfied that it is fitted properly it's best to leave it alone (overnight, preferably) and when it dries out the results are gratifying.
    09-15-2017 03:53 PM
    I have yet to find a glass one that does not look like crap on the screen.
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-15-2017 04:03 PM
    Glass screen protectors are rubbish for curved screens. I've never had one that worked. There's touch sensitivity issues and adhesive issues with most of them.

I'm using a film screen protector I purchased at the T-Mobile store. It's the Puregear Extreme Impact screen protector and it seems to be working fine. It's case-friendly and it has self-healing scratch protection.

It kind of reminds me of the Yootech protector I had on my S8.
    09-15-2017 08:47 PM
    I haven't used one since my S7 edge. I didn't have a single scratch on that phone.
    It didn't have Gorilla Glass 5 on it. You've been warned...
    09-15-2017 08:59 PM
    The Verizon one is pretty good
    09-15-2017 09:55 PM
    A pic of the protector on the film would be more helpful if you have it. I've read for most part positive reviews but i remember one person mention orange peel so I am curious. Also, have you changed tips on your S-Pen to the softer one for plastic shields?

09-15-2017 10:08 PM
    I use glass, works better for me and it protects my phone better from countless falling on the ground
    09-19-2017 07:26 AM
53 123