Minimalist case

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for an ultrathin case, like the Peel cases they make for iPhones. I don't care about major protection, just want something with slightly more grip and minimal lip and scratch protection. Tried three Spigen cases but they are all too massive for my taste.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Samsung clear protective case. While it does not really protect, it's super slim and keeps scratches off the back.

Also picked up the alcantara case just to try something new and I'm surprised how much I like it. It's pretty thin too.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for an ultrathin case, like the Peel cases they make for iPhones. I don't care about major protection, just want something with slightly more grip and minimal lip and scratch protection. Tried three Spigen cases but they are all too massive for my taste.

Did you try the Spigen Thin Fit or Air Skin? They are their 2 thinnest cases. So far nothing on Peel's website for Note 8....

The Insignia case from Best Buy is pretty thin, but it feels very thin (cheap).... I liked the Alcantara case - but I want to know how good it will be. I want a little protection - I have a small hand. I have an Incipio DuoPro and it is too wide for my hands, especially using the pen. But I want a bit of drop protection (just in case) I rarely, if ever drop my phones....

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Look at the Elago case on Amazon. Fantastic quality. I'm VERY picky. Elago much better than Peel, customer service is better too.

However, the Elago Origin case as well as Peel and other extremely thin cases offer absolutely no drop protection, they totally eliminate finger prints and scratches but if you drop the phone its more than likely going to be badly damaged.

Origin Case for Galaxy Note 8 Case - Jean Indigo - GALAXY - CASE

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Look at the Elago case on Amazon. Fantastic quality. I'm VERY picky. Elago much better than Peel, customer service is better too.

However, the Elago Origin case as well as Peel and other extremely thin cases offer absolutely no drop protection, they totally eliminate finger prints and scratches but if you drop the phone its more than likely going to be badly damaged.

Origin Case for Galaxy Note 8 Case - Jean Indigo - GALAXY - CASE

I like that. I'd just want a hint of a lip to keep the screen from touching when it's face down, which it doesn't seem to have.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Did you check out the Ultra thin Spiegen? That's one of the thinnest I've seen, so far anyway.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The VRS+Lumion black case on the pictures is thin, it also looks and feels great.
20170830_142404.jpg
20170914_222007.jpg
20170914_222031.jpg

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Spigen had a new "skin" case that's even a bit thinner than the Spigen Thin Fit (or is it called Ultra Thin Fit?) It avail. on Amazon.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you like that Patchworks case? Is that the white one?
I love it! Yes, the white one.
Love that I can place the rectangle metal piece in there without bulging to hang my phone from the AC vent in my vehicle.
That case is nice and not too thick.
And the phone looks great!

zavandiver

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Anccer Samsung Galaxy Note8 Case [Colorful Series] [Ultra-Thin]. Barely there, but has a nice grip. The Gravel Black has a very subtle texture to it that helps with the grip. Found it on Amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38