Samsung Email display issue if Developer Options Animator Duration Scale is turned off

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I've been using Android (back since the Galaxy S3), I have always turned on the Developer options and then set the three animation scales off:

Windows animation scale
Transition animation scale
Animator duration scale

However, I found an issue in the Samsung Email app that is caused by turning the Animator Duration Scale completely Off.

If you use the stock Samsung email, typically there is a Details button in the top right that allows you to drop-down and see the list of recipients for that email (and then view a contact, add as Group or Add a contact to VIPs).

If you turn the Animator Duration Scale completely Off, when you click on the word Details, all of the recipient names as well as the "Hide" and "Save as Group" buttons turn White and you cannot see any of it.

See attached screenshots for difference.

So if you have this issue, turn the Animator Duration Scale back to .5 and it will resolve it.

Screenshot_20170920-180706.jpg
Screenshot_20170920-180834.jpg

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I saw your post referencing this in the other thread. I always turn all animations off as well but wasn't aware of this issue until seeing your other post. I've got my animator duration set back to .5 now, again. First issue was older version of TW caused no popup with tap-hold on home screens, so I had to change it to .5 until I updated TW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc