AT&T update today for my Note 8

Scford718

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
You can change it (ish) with themes. I, personally, don't find the clock to be hideous or obstructive. Just choose the right wallpaper/theme. Plus, I seldom look at it with AOD.

I've tried 10+ themes, none of them changed the clock. As the other poster mentioned, only the font and color change... Even though on some of the previews of the themes, the clock shows a different format. I don't use the AOD.

Scford718

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
Nope, the lockscreen clock is only modifiable with themes, and that doesn't really change much, just font and color.

Right. I just don't like how the hours and minutes are stacked on top of each other, that's very unsightly and awkwardly placed to me. And it takes away from my lock screen wallpapers LOL. It might seem like a small thing, but on a $900+ device, I would expect this small thing to be all the way changeable.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Right. I just don't like how the hours and minutes are stacked on top of each other, that's very unsightly and awkwardly placed to me. And it takes away from my lock screen wallpapers LOL. It might seem like a small thing, but on a $900+ device, I would expect this small thing to be all the way changeable.

The only way I have figured out how to avoid this is that I have my weather app to update hourly and so there is nearly a constant notification in the drawer. As long as I don't dismiss it, the clock appears probably on the lock screen.

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
You can change the layout. Settings - Lock Screen - Always on Display. Click on the clock to make changes.
7f21bbb2800d672a552f45f82f95a2ec.jpg

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have tried this. This change applies ONLY to the always on display clock. NOT the default lock screen clock. They are two different things, apparently. I don't use the AOD.
Yup. My mistake. I always forget about the lock screen because I hardly ever see it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You can always root and modify/install a different ROM or use a lockscreen replacement with a clock of your liking. I don't see why you would expect anything to be 100% customizable, no matter the price tag (or iFans would have cried 'foul' ages ago), but OK. Maybe next time you'll choose whether the small annoyances are worth your money or if you should look elsewhere for your next device :)

Scford718

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
You can always root and modify/install a different ROM or use a lockscreen replacement with a clock of your liking. I don't see why you would expect anything to be 100% customizable, no matter the price tag (or iFans would have cried 'foul' ages ago), but OK. Maybe next time you'll choose whether the small annoyances are worth your money or if you should look elsewhere for your next device :)

Didn't say 100% customizable. But a clock? Yes. Shouldn't have to go through the trouble of rooting for a clock, but I might try it in the future, when I gather enough reasons.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a message earlier today when that there was a Bixby update available and I updated... but still showing Bixby Version 2.0.02.1 :( I was hoping it would update to latest version to give me the toggle to disable Bixby. I am guessing now it was a Bixby Voice update.

Downloading the AT&T update now.
I thought everyone received that update already.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The clock "structure" cannot be changed by the themes either. There's a whole other thread that talks about this ad nauseum.
It only changes the font. If you have notifications, it unstacks them. Otherwise, it's the same.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna say it's only improved stability (aka better location accuracy/stability) for Navigation, Maps, and the Weather Widget. That's what it said on the T-Mo update a few weeks ago and this looks like it's the same thing but just now releasing for ATT. I think Verizon got it last week or a little before that too.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna say it's only improved stability (aka better location accuracy/stability) for Navigation, Maps, and the Weather Widget. That's what it said on the T-Mo update a few weeks ago and this looks like it's the same thing but just now releasing for ATT. I think Verizon got it last week or a little before that too.

It's funny, last Thursday I think, I got a notification at close to midnight as I was about to go to bed that there was a Security Update. I had just shut off my wireless so I postponed it. The damned thing hasn't come back since and it wasn't included in this upgrade yesterday! Weird! My Security Level is still at August 1st!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty