Moving Pics From Google Photos to SD Card?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Been using Google Photos to backup pictures for a couple of phones now. Got the Note 8 recently and transferred all my SD card stuff (photos, music) from my old 32 gig card to my 256 gig card that currently sits in the Note 8.

Just noticed that my Wallpapers album isn't on my SD card. Maybe it was on device storage on my old phone. I dunno. It's gone now.

Anyway, went to Google Photos, searched "wallpaper", and then made a phone wallpaper album out of the hundreds of wallpaper photos I've downloaded over the years. Easy.

However, I can't get get that album saved/synched to my SD card. Getting all the wallpapers to play nice and easily set as my home/lock screens just works better if it's an album on my SD card--it's kind of a pain from Google Photos.

How do I do this?

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Been using Google Photos to backup pictures for a couple of phones now. Got the Note 8 recently and transferred all my SD card stuff (photos, music) from my old 32 gig card to my 256 gig card that currently sits in the Note 8.

Just noticed that my Wallpapers album isn't on my SD card. Maybe it was on device storage on my old phone. I dunno. It's gone now.

Anyway, went to Google Photos, searched "wallpaper", and then made a phone wallpaper album out of the hundreds of wallpaper photos I've downloaded over the years. Easy.

However, I can't get get that album saved/synched to my SD card. Getting all the wallpapers to play nice and easily set as my home/lock screens just works better if it's an album on my SD card--it's kind of a pain from Google Photos.

How do I do this?

can you move them from Google photos to your device (gallery) and then move to SD card

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Can you move them to the stock gallery and then to the sd card? Just a thought. I am annoyed in many ways with google photos but it does back stuff up, so I hate to give it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995