JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Bixby is absolute trash. I just got my Note 8, and it recognizes my voice, but won't wake up my device because it can't hear my voice. I've toggled every button imaginable to make it work.
I came from an Iphone 7 Plus, and Siri worked flawless out of the box. Why does Samsung even think about putting this garbage on their phones. I paid almost $1000 for this phone so I could have a junk app on it that I can't get rid of.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Bixby is absolute trash. I just got my Note 8, and it recognizes my voice, but won't wake up my device because it can't hear my voice. I've toggled every button imaginable to make it work.
I came from an Iphone 7 Plus, and Siri worked flawless out of the box. Why does Samsung even think about putting this garbage on their phones. I paid almost $1000 for this phone so I could have a junk app on it that I can't get rid of.

There is a way to increase sensitivity if it can't recognize your voice. It's working fine for me. Don't get frustrated, have some patience to learn. When you switch systems you need to give it time. Its been 5 years and Siri isn't any better than Bixby which is less than a year old (I do have iPad pro). Hopefully you didn't get defective piece. Please check.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to increase sensitivity if it can't recognize your voice. It's working fine for me. Don't get frustrated, have some patience to learn. When you switch systems you need to give it time. Its been 5 years and Siri isn't any better than Bixby which is less than a year old (I do have iPad pro). Hopefully you didn't get defective piece. Please check.

I had to increase sensitivity for mine. Press the Bixby button on the side, go to settings, scroll to voice, and you should be able to change it. Bixby needs training.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It works fine for me too, but I don't use it with voice because then I can't control the camera with my voice, that makes no sense.

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

I’ve had the same problem on my S8 plus, nothing worked but I’ve just got the note 8 so I’m kinda hoping that it’ll work on this

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I've spent the last few days trying to give Bixby another chance after writing it off immediately after my initial purchase of the N8. I am able to get Bixby to recognize my voice just fine but as far as programming it to do anything useful it's still just pretty awful. It's not intuitive at all and trying to get it to do what you want other than the most basic things is nearly impossible. Sure, it can do really simple, easy tasks. So easy and simple that there's no need to have Bixby do them for you other than to marvel at the ability to do it. But try to get it to do something with logic - forget it. Who knows though, maybe it will get better over time. In the meantime I'll keep using Llama (a simple Tasker type app) to automatically do things that Bixby can't. I'd much rather just program the phone to do things automatically than to have to actually tell it to do it and then wait and watch it go through it's steps painfully slow. It's like watching a three-year-old child try to accomplish a simple task.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think we need to give Bixby a chance. It was just released this year and the major update hasn't been released yet. I would love to see what it's like this time next year.

Rjl786

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site

Disagree. I came from an iphone 7p and absolutely hated siri. Rarely gave proper responses to inquiries. About as frustrating as the fingerprint ID. Felt I was paying for a product in perpetual beta. Bixby is a little better so far for me. So, siri may wake up, but when she does she is trash. Google Assistant beats both in my opinion.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Disagree. I came from an iphone 7p and absolutely hated siri. Rarely gave proper responses to inquiries. About as frustrating as the fingerprint ID. Felt I was paying for a product in perpetual beta. Bixby is a little better so far for me. So, siri may wake up, but when she does she is trash. Google Assistant beats both in my opinion.

I'm back to using Google Assisant. That is an app that works almost flawless. I disabled my Bixby button. All one needs to do is read the forums and the bloggers to find out what kind of reputation Bixby has. It's almost laughable how bad the app is.
Problem is, I'm stuck with a dedicated button on a $1000 device that I can't use. It's call poor marketing 101.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Bixby is great for controlling things on the phone. Google Assistant is great for things off the phone. In my experience.

stewarta13wsb

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry disagree, I think it's brilliant, but then I've taken the time to watch tips & tricks on YouTube etc., and learn what it can do rather than switch it off after two minutes.
It's learning, it's new too, and another update can only be a plus.
Just MHO though.

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm back to using Google Assisant. That is an app that works almost flawless. I disabled my Bixby button. All one needs to do is read the forums and the bloggers to find out what kind of reputation Bixby has. It's almost laughable how bad the app is.
Problem is, I'm stuck with a dedicated button on a $1000 device that I can't use. It's call poor marketing 101.
There are apps to remap the Bixby button too, so even if you don't like Bixby it's not a waste. I just set one up and I really like having an extra hardware button to use to my own liking. You can even do separate actions for double press and long press!

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

You have a few options. Remap the button, quit crying or get a flip phone.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I get your frustration but you had to know going in that the button was there. I don't hate Bixby. I've played with it a lot and it's kinda cool but not a deal maker or breaker for me either way. I certainly didn't buy the phone because of Bixby though and I doubt you did either.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've spent the last few days trying to give Bixby another chance after writing it off immediately after my initial purchase of the N8. I am able to get Bixby to recognize my voice just fine but as far as programming it to do anything useful it's still just pretty awful. It's not intuitive at all and trying to get it to do what you want other than the most basic things is nearly impossible. Sure, it can do really simple, easy tasks. So easy and simple that there's no need to have Bixby do them for you other than to marvel at the ability to do it. But try to get it to do something with logic - forget it. Who knows though, maybe it will get better over time. In the meantime I'll keep using Llama (a simple Tasker type app) to automatically do things that Bixby can't. I'd much rather just program the phone to do things automatically than to have to actually tell it to do it and then wait and watch it go through it's steps painfully slow. It's like watching a three-year-old child try to accomplish a simple task.

https://youtu.be/kAaA9w_VY_8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty