cautions for re-hiding developer options setting

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I am considering resetting animation speed to 0.5 in the developer options settings to make things seems snappier speedier. Any cautions for doing so? After done, I want to re-hide the developer options setting so I don't accidentally go in there; it says to do so by 'clearing data' in the settings app within the apps settings which sounds scarey, but it says it will only hide the developer options and not wipe out one's accounts etc. With Verizon. Any experiences?

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
no risk of setting it to 0.5 - I do that with all of my phones... Don't know how to hide the developer settings though

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be that if you cleared data in the settings app, all the stuff you changed would go back to default. Why not just leave dev options on and just don't go into it?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be that if you cleared data in the settings app, all the stuff you changed would go back to default.
I'd worry about that too. As an alternative, if you leave the Developer Options page unhidden, it has a master setting that disables all the individual options. If you turn that off as well as turning off all the individual settings, it's unlikely that anything would get enabled by accident.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
It will go back to default. The only way to use the developer options is to set it and leave it on.
How might you accidentally "go in there"??

DawnJ123

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
I am wondering about the same thing. But my concern is security, if I lost my phone and someone they are able to get past the lock screen - then accessing the developer options will be easy, but it seems that everyone knows how to enable the developer options anyway. Maybe I am worried about that, and I should not. I thought I had to use that option to access the phone via my computer, but all I had to do is select "Charging and Data".

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had all 3 animations set to 0 since phone was new. No need to worry about someone gaining access to all your private info....they can just get it from Google