Gear iconx 2018

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried the gear iconx 2018 with the Note 8? How is it? I'm thinking about purchasing them since they are on sale right now but wanted to know how the quality was first.

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got my IconXs today, so it's a bit early. The pairing process is super simple, and they sound good so far. They immediately connect as soon as you take them out of the case. Voice access (Google Assistant or Bixby) works well with a tap and hold. The sound is a bit on the clear side, and good positioning and fit is crucial, like all of them. I get good bass when they are correctly inserted. I also own a pair of Jabra Sport wireless, I'm using that as a reference.

I'll be using them quite a bit this week for all my conference calls, etc. I'll have an update after that.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I just got my IconXs today, so it's a bit early. The pairing process is super simple, and they sound good so far. They immediately connect as soon as you take them out of the case. Voice access (Google Assistant or Bixby) works well with a tap and hold. The sound is a bit on the clear side, and good positioning and fit is crucial, like all of them. I get good bass when they are correctly inserted. I also own a pair of Jabra Sport wireless, I'm using that as a reference.

I'll be using them quite a bit this week for all my conference calls, etc. I'll have an update after that.
Is it really true that you can use them independently from one another. I don't usually have both earphones in at the same time.

fantom555

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I happen to like them. i have only had them for 3 days and i live in the city i have not experienced some of the issues others have posted. I do like the noise canceling feature being in the city it helps with all the noise. I do have the AirPods as well both sound good to me some music sounds better on the AirPods and some on the icon x. The connectivity issues that some are having i don't have on the icon x as of now but i have them 3 days. On the other hand i put my Phone in my pants pocket after a few minutes i lose the connection. i am using them on my samsung S8.

Has anyone tried the bose or the jaybirds earbuds?

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have them. Fit and sound are great, battery life is really good. I have one issue that bothers me, the ambient sound mode doesn't stay on for me.

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have them. Got them on Monday... They are really awesome. The sound they produce (if used with the Samsung sound settings) is simply amazing for a completely wireless headset. Compared to the earlier model, Samsung has developed a awesome headset.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll echo what bothers have said. Great pair of headphones. Has Bixby voice integration is Bixby is your thing. Used them while I was navigating with Waze on my Note 8 and the turn and alert notifications were loud and clear. Everyone says it sounds like I'm on a regular phone when I speak and they most certainly can be used independent of each other. You can even set which piece you want to use for controls in stereo and the touch gesture inputs have worked great for me. Also to note, the ambient sound may sound somewhat "digitized" but you quickly get used to it. Actually sounds like the sounds are amplified (like when underwater) but clear. Can't wait for the summer to see how they work on a motorcycle. I recommend these.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had them since they came out and love them. I use them one at a time for calls at work and the battery life has been great. The battery drain is no longer there on the new ones. The sound for me have been great. Glad I got them. Just like the other comment on this thread people say I sound great, can't tell I am on a headphone.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I got them a couple of months ago and they work great. My first full wireless ear buds so can't compare them to anything else. But functionality wise they work as intended. The Gear app is not even really necessary unless you want all the extra features. The main part I love about them is the option to turn on the ambient noise to come through if you want to hear what's going on around you. Perfect for my commute into work on the train.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Just picked some up. Their great. Compared to my airpods these are better. Fit is better , more comfortable and secure. Like the air pods you can use them independently. And so far battery life has been good.