Sleep setting and notifications and other Rants

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
RANT.

So I have migrated from old gear using Tizen to GW6 classic.

Sleep setting. My old watch I swiped up and hit the sleep button, easy and my watch went into sleep mode and also no notifications would come through.

Now I have to swipe up and hit a button which opens another screen then I have a choice between sleep and theatre. Hit sleep and after 2-3 seconds I get the sleep screen. This does also put my phone in DND as I have set that to happen in settings.

But I also have to go back and swipe up and on my watch hit the DND button because if I don't I still get notifications throughout the night.

Has anyone figured out how to just get a sleep icon on the first screen? Has anyone figured out how to in sleep mode have it set DND as well.

Lots to like with the GW6 but it would be great if they could put routines in the watch to let us set up a one touch does all the things I need from a sleep icon.

Battery also doesn't last like my old watch which gave me 3 -4 days before a charge. Now I find I need to put the watch on the charger while having breakfast to keep it topped up. I could probably go about 24 hrs if I wasn't using activity settings.

I also find the strap they use to be not as comfortable as the silicone straps I used on my Gear. I have ordered a silicone strap and hope it will be an improvement.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This probably won't help as far as the settings you are using, but...

I have DND setup up on my phone & that syncs to my watch & no notifications come through.

I also don't select the sleep button when I turn in at night. The watch auto detects I'm sleeping & ends the sleep cycle when I get up in the morning.

This might not be as exact as manually turning it on & off, but it works pretty good for me.

Reactions: rvbfan

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I might try that, and see if it works. How did you sync it to the watch. If I use sleep mode on watch it sets DND on the phone but if I don't set DND on the watch the notifications come to my watch.
It would be simpler than what I am doing.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
RANT.

So I have migrated from old gear using Tizen to GW6 classic.

Sleep setting. My old watch I swiped up and hit the sleep button, easy and my watch went into sleep mode and also no notifications would come through.

Now I have to swipe up and hit a button which opens another screen then I have a choice between sleep and theatre. Hit sleep and after 2-3 seconds I get the sleep screen. This does also put my phone in DND as I have set that to happen in settings.

But I also have to go back and swipe up and on my watch hit the DND button because if I don't I still get notifications throughout the night.

Has anyone figured out how to just get a sleep icon on the first screen? Has anyone figured out how to in sleep mode have it set DND as well.

Lots to like with the GW6 but it would be great if they could put routines in the watch to let us set up a one touch does all the things I need from a sleep icon.

Battery also doesn't last like my old watch which gave me 3 -4 days before a charge. Now I find I need to put the watch on the charger while having breakfast to keep it topped up. I could probably go about 24 hrs if I wasn't using activity settings.

I also find the strap they use to be not as comfortable as the silicone straps I used on my Gear. I have ordered a silicone strap and hope it will be an improvement.
Sleep mode still exists, it's just under "Routines" now. You can easily add Routines to the dropdown menu. Sleep is one of the options. it's actually better than on the old Tizen watches in that it can sync to your phone, and will put both your phone and watch into sleep mode.

You can even edit the routine to open additional apps and perform actions. I set it to open the Sleep Cycle third party app and start a sleep. Once you figure out how to use Routines, I'm sure you'll agree it's actually way better than the old sleep mode.

I guess it's technically going to take slightly longer to turn on sleep mode since you have to press the Routines button, and then select the sleep routine. But the extra 1-2 seconds is totally worth it.