Why are the phones dying and not being able to be recharged.My father bought 4 Samsung note 8s. 12 days after we bought them one of the phone that were bought died and would not recharge or turn on or do anything took it to the store they replaced it. On day 16 another one of the note 8 died and did the same thing would not turn back on and since I'm out of my bre period they are making me settle for a refurbished phone. On about the 22nd day the phone that was replaced on the 12th day did the same thing as well as my father's phone also. We have has 4 phones now that have done this and they aren't even a month old. Does anyone no why this is happening. Or has it happened to anyone else that may no how to fix it because paying over a thousand dollars for a phone you be now sent a refurbished oen when there is clearly a problem with the manufacturer on the phone.
    11-21-2017 03:52 PM
    Sounds weird that you would get not 1 but 4 Monday morning production devices, are you in US with the snapdragon model or is it exynos?
    Zolti likes this.
    11-21-2017 04:34 PM
    Yeah...I call shenanigans on this. We've had two in our house since launch, nothing like this. My brother also has one, again, flawless.
    Jewels81, srvctec, Raydee and 2 others like this.
    11-21-2017 04:37 PM
    I'm sorry but 4 phone's? Really? You seem to have a lot of problems with every phone you have in a lot of forums here.
    11-21-2017 04:39 PM
    I've had mine since September 18 and it's been working perfect for me. My sister's too and she's had hers since September 11th so I don't get why you are having problems with all 4 that you purchased.
    kevinpleasants, Jewels81 and Zolti like this.
    11-21-2017 08:32 PM
    I have mine since 9/6 no problems at all. Did buy them at same time same store maybe a bad batch or user error?
    11-22-2017 02:39 AM
    Please show invoice for the 4 phones and pictures of them and I'll try to help.
    Climb14er and kevinpleasants like this.
    11-22-2017 03:59 AM
    If the OP is actually serious and everything said in the OP is true (doubtful because the odds of it happening are almost impossible), then about the only thing I would guess is happening is that each phone's battery is being allowed to go completely dead, which is about the worst possible thing you can do to modern lithium based batteries. If that's what is happening, stop letting the battery completely drain!
    Ryano89 and Jewels81 like this.
    11-22-2017 08:12 AM
    Launch day T-Mobile Note 8... No problems here! However I haven't let the battery go below 16%, intentionally or not.
    11-22-2017 09:53 AM
    Maybe they they think wireless charging means just set them by an outlet.
    VetDuarte, srvctec, cwbcpa and 4 others like this.
    11-22-2017 10:10 AM
    If what the OP is experiencing is true, then the problem isn't with the N8. He just has a black cloud hanging over his head.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-22-2017 11:09 AM
    If what the OP is experiencing is true, then the problem isn't with the N8. He just has a black cloud hanging over his head.
    Like cursed
    11-22-2017 11:19 AM
    The first thing you need to do is join the community: https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post3754828

Then post back here and follow up with us. Until then, you're sounding like a troll, which wastes everybody's time.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-22-2017 11:31 AM
    I smell bull poo poo. (I can say that here,right?)
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-22-2017 11:51 AM
    I smell bull poo poo. (I can say that here,right?)
    Be carefull :-)
    I got a couple of infractions for saying the wrong thing LOL
    cwbcpa and Jewels81 like this.
    11-22-2017 11:59 AM
    Me too,. But I'll say them anyway. And since I have 3 note 8's and one that was a problem rectified, I'll pass on this one.
    Lol
    cwbcpa and iSilas like this.
    11-22-2017 12:24 PM
    Same lol
    j_hansen likes this.
    11-22-2017 01:33 PM
    Maybe there's a power surge from his outlets
    11-22-2017 05:15 PM
    I've had my N8 since Sept 7th and haven't had any issues with it just dying on me....maybe you can check your outlets?
    11-22-2017 05:23 PM
    I predict my future Note will not have these problems.
    11-22-2017 05:50 PM
    I predict my future Note will not have these problems.
    Most likely not...
    When we buy on pre-order or early release we are sort of beta-buyers, that's a trade of trying to get the best stuff the earliest and most of us understand that, I had no issues with 2, 3 and 4 so a small one with my first 8 is just.. **** happens.... Play it safe and always buy 6 months after release is probably best but if it wasn't for us suckers.... You would not have a perfect phone just a little bit later
    11-22-2017 06:14 PM
    Most likely not...
    When we buy on pre-order or early release we are sort of beta-buyers, that's a trade of trying to get the best stuff the earliest and most of us understand that, I had no issues with 2, 3 and 4 so a small one with my first 8 is just.. **** happens.... Play it safe and always buy 6 months after release is probably best but if it wasn't for us suckers.... You would not have a perfect phone just a little bit later
    Actually the reason I haven't purchased this phone is because of the Pixel 2 XL... otherwise I would have bought the Note 8 day one. I just couldn't resist that awesome tech any longer and will be purchasing on black Friday.
    11-22-2017 06:45 PM
    Most likely not...
    I generally wait and never preorder a phone until the early production problems get worked out. But I bought the N8 on preorder trusting that after the N7 fiasco, Samsung couldn't afford another with the N8. I know for a fact that their quality control, particularly with the battery and charging, has been beefed up significantly since the N7. Every single battery has to pass testing, which Incidentally is done in the US, by an independent contractor. I would imagine that even with all that, some slip through that shouldn't. Or perhaps new protective circuitry is over zealous in shutting down a phone during charging, when it shouldn't.

Having said all this, the vast majority of us with the new N8 don't have any complaints. A few complaints always surface in these forums and would seem to exaggerate the extent of the problem. The only hardware complaints I have seen here relate to charging. A few complain here they can't charge their phones wirellessly and a few complain they can't charges them at all. But in every case Samsung replaces these phones.

Samsung is probably thrilled that if they have to have a charging problem, (there will always be some) the battery isn't overcharging and burning or exploding. Rather, when there is a problem, it is fortunately now always the opposite. It won't charge.

It would be even more fortunate if every phone was perfect. But we live in an imperfect world and shouldn't always expect perfection , particularly with a complex small device. That's why we have warranties, that the vast majority of us will probably never need to use.
    11-22-2017 07:02 PM