Moving from iPhone!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind sharing, what lead you to move from the Pixel 2 XL to the Note 8?
Bad influence from a co-worker and after being on iOS for the last 18 months, I wanted to see what a newer (lighter) Sammy device was like.

Been using a Note for almost 2 weeks now.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Bad influence from a co-worker and after being on iOS for the last 18 months, I wanted to see what a newer (lighter) Sammy device was like.

Been using a Note for almost 2 weeks now.

I understand the feeling. My wife has the Note 8. Lots to like about it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I caved and picked up an iPhone X a couple weeks ago. I had said I wouldn't possibly buy it but figured if I'm going to talk about it, I should at least try it. It's a nice phone, but if I were to recommend an iPhone to someone it would be the 8 Plus. Even still, neither are in the same league as the Note 8. I have no loyalty to any OS or brand so I can say with 100% honesty that the Note 8 is the better phone. The only other phone I would consider is the Pixel 2 XL and since I actually use the SPen, I don't think that would work out either.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I caved and picked up an iPhone X a couple weeks ago. I had said I wouldn't possibly buy it but figured if I'm going to talk about it, I should at least try it. It's a nice phone, but if I were to recommend an iPhone to someone it would be the 8 Plus. Even still, neither are in the same league as the Note 8. I have no loyalty to any OS or brand so I can say with 100% honesty that the Note 8 is the better phone. The only other phone I would consider is the Pixel 2 XL and since I actually use the SPen, I don't think that would work out either.
If I was to go back to an iPhone it'd likely be the 8 plus. I just have to have that fingerprint scanner.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm actually really looking at going from the iPhone X to a Note 8. I've missed customization like crazy and I just don't know if I can go all in on Apple right now. There's just something about it I'm not comfortable with. Do you prefer the Note to the X?

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually really looking at going from the iPhone X to a Note 8. I've missed customization like crazy and I just don't know if I can go all in on Apple right now. There's just something about it I'm not comfortable with. Do you prefer the Note to the X?

I have both. iPhone X for work and Note for play. Love the Note so much more! Both good phones though.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
What are your thoughts on the Note vs. Pixel vs. iPhone?
Previously, I’d said I’d never use another Android that wasn’t a Nexus or maybe a Moto after using the 6P. Switched to iPhone and spent 18 months there and vowed I’d never leave. Went to the Pixel line and was in love. A coworker got his Note 8 stink on me and I’ve really enjoyed how toned down touchwiz has become over the years and the “extra crap” Samsung adds really can be useful.

Wait you preferred it to a p2xl and a iPhone X? Hmmm
To be really honest, aside from integrated google assistance and the google now cards a swipe away, I can get a similar experience on either device. Before selling the iPhone X I was using google apps in prep for the switch anyway and it wasn’t bad at all.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
To be really honest, aside from integrated google assistance and the google now cards a swipe away, I can get a similar experience on either device. Before selling the iPhone X I was using google apps in prep for the switch anyway and it wasn’t bad at all.

Samsung has started to really open up and their services and widgets are now mostly available even on third party launchers. You could try to use Nova Launcher then add the Google Companion add on, and you'll have Google Now a swipe away just like on the Pixels.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I like the iPhone X more than I thought I would. It's a nice phone. It's absolutely, under no circumstances worth $1,000 to me though. It doesn't do anything special to warrant that high price. My family are all iPhone users and not one of them liked my X. Many are frustrated with iOS 11 and apple in general so it will be interesting to see if they finally leave next year. Anyway, want an iPhone? Get an 8 Plus. That's my opinion on the iPhone side.

The Note 8 is absolutely the best phone I've used. I always like the Note devices, but this one is a step above what's been done in the past. The performance is better than any other phone I've had my hands on this year. While the original price was high for the Note, at least it had features that could justify a higher price, unlike the iPhone X. But now you can get a great deal on the Note 8. As long as you're ok with the size and actually make use of the SPen, I see no reason not to jump on it. Even if you only use the SPen sparingly, it's a great device for many other reasons.

Bottom line, unless you absolutely can't or won't leave the Apple ecosystem, I don't know why you would choose the X over the Note 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez