Should I iphone x to note 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're posting on an Android forum, so the answer will be a definitive YES.;) But if you're entrenched in Apple's ecosystem, there might be some annoyances with switching (like transferring music from iTunes, lack of iMessage, etc.).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
We're gonna be a little biased around these parts... But in any case, I say go for it! If you are bored with iOS and want a change, then I definitely recommend switching to Android.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the iphone X. The Note 8 is a better device in many ways. If I'm picking an iOS device it would be the 8 Plus. We have a couple 8 Pluses in the house. Nobody was interested in the iPhone X after trying it.

It really comes down to ecosystem. If you are not tied to the Apple ecosystem, then absolutely get the Note 8.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
if you do move to the Note 8 there are some things you need to do first from what I have read. unless you have another Apple device like an iPad you will have issues due to imessenger. don't remember all of it but I am sure there is a thread here that discusses all the issues Apple imposes.
I have the Note 8 and an IPad Pro. IOS is boring for sure. you will enjoy the Note 8 once you make the transition and get use to it.
it is like moving from a fenced backyard to a 40 acre ranch that is wide open.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely! you get way more than a thousand dollar animoji 💩 phone..
iOS = solitary confinement
Android= freedom

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
honestly used to have an iPhone. still a solid iPad user. some things about iPhone now a days I don't mind. but I always feel like there's a better thing for Android..

can make it feel more like my phone which I love. not a "Here's your phone that you can't change anything.

where as android even if you and three guys have the same phone they'll all be different . its a steap learning curve because apple is an easier soft ware to use I find.but android is better

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
No. stay with iPhone X. you going to miss iMessage, face Time, Apple ecosystem, and give all your money to Tim Cook.
and me and the rest of android fan's will give our data, Privacy to Google. to get free unlimited Photo storage, News feed. etc. because we know Google is going to WIN the smart phone War

P.S. DuckDuckGo search engine Recommends iOS over Android for More Privacy.
https://spreadprivacy.com/how-to-remove-google/
Google is now tracking you on 76% of websites, with Facebook lurking on about a quarter. The data they collect as you browse the web, combined with your search history, likes, and other information, leads to huge personal profiles that are used to target invasive ads at you across the Internet.

Last edited:

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
they making us addicted to pyramids and one eye, that's why they keep showing us in games, cartoon, movies. i bet Google is the pyramid and one eye in one dollar note. all seeing eye, we watching you!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would have no problem recommending it but I went the opposite way. Jumped from my awesome Note 8 to Apple's best phone yet. I don't regret it. Both are equally impressive in different ways but at the end of the day the X felt better in my hand than the Note. Since it's a handheld device, that was so important it broke the tie.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No. stay with iPhone X. you going to miss iMessage, face Time, Apple ecosystem, and give all your money to Tim Cook.
and me and the rest of android fan's will give our data, Privacy to Google. to get free unlimited Photo storage, News feed. etc. because we know Google is going to WIN the smart phone War

Google is now tracking you on 76% of websites, with Facebook lurking on about a quarter. The data they collect as you browse the web, combined with your search history, likes, and other information, leads to huge personal profiles that are used to target invasive ads at you across the Internet.

Whoops, the misinformation train has landed accidentally in this thread. Sorry folks, this stop wasn't on the agenda. We will take a look at the system logs and try to figure out how in the world it happened and try to make sure there are no Smurfs hiding underneath the station. No need to be alarmed, carry on, steady on!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Everything we do is being watched, tracked, collected and possibly sold by some entity. Apple is no saint in regard to this.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I went to the iPhone 8 Plus from the Galaxy S8+. Now that I have been on the iPhone for a while I am bored with it. No widgets, ability to make the phone my own (with the exception of different wallpapers). I will be picking up the Note 8 tomorrow and trading in my iPhone. I can't wait.

Haven't owned a note device since the 5 but am looking forward to it. Not to mention all my accessories are arriving today for it. This will likely be my last iPhone due to the recent changes to the X. I am not a fan of the new design nor the price and they will unfortunately only get higher.

I know the Note price will climb as well but for the money I don't think there is another phone out right now that compares functionality wise. Just my opinion.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I went to the iPhone 8 Plus from the Galaxy S8+. Now that I have been on the iPhone for a while I am bored with it. No widgets, ability to make the phone my own (with the exception of different wallpapers). I will be picking up the Note 8 tomorrow and trading in my iPhone. I can't wait.

Haven't owned a note device since the 5 but am looking forward to it. Not to mention all my accessories are arriving today for it. This will likely be my last iPhone due to the recent changes to the X. I am not a fan of the new design nor the price and they will unfortunately only get higher.

I know the Note price will climb as well but for the money I don't think there is another phone out right now that compares functionality wise. Just my opinion.

I agree with you. The ability to customize your phone to make it explicitly "yours" is a huge plus for Android. What kind of accessories did you order for your Note 8? I'm like you - I've started ordering accessories for my Pixel 2 before buying the phone itself! 🤣😃 I like being prepared!

MindTrip

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the iPhone X and I used the Note 8 for a few months. Many people are commenting the Pros of the Note 8, but there are a couple Cons worth mentioning. Fingerprint location is terrible. Iris scanning works best in the dark. Face recognition doesn't work at all in the dark. Redundant Samsung/Google apps. The edge screen gets accidentally tapped when trying to reach across the screen one handed. Kind of petty, but also when the S pen is out and I open the Notes app, I still have to select the pen option to begin writing.
Now the Pros. The apps edge toolbox is my favorite. Split screen gets used a lot too. Photo editing tools. Google assistant voice commands work with Homeseer.
Pros of the iPhone X. Face id works in any lighting situation. iMessage. Facetime. Cons- after scanning face, still have to swipe up to access launcher. iOS runs very smooth, but looks so dated. Siri is very limited. And the usual iOS vs Android argument.

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I assume you've done this already, but think it through and decide if you can live with everything that comes with it (e.g. do you have a watch, DRM related purchases that can't be transferred, etc), or you may regret your purchase shortly after you switch. You should also be prepared for some growing pains. Many people that are happiest with Android are happy because they take the time to customize the device with apps they like best (e.g. messaging, launcher, email, etc). If you are prepared for all that, then go for it. My wife switched from a 6+ to a Note 8, and really loves her Note 8. She really misses her Apple watch though, and we weren't able to find anything comparable on the Android side. The rest of the benefits have outweighed that one negative for her though.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. The ability to customize your phone to make it explicitly "yours" is a huge plus for Android. What kind of accessories did you order for your Note 8? I'm like you - I've started ordering accessories for my Pixel 2 before buying the phone itself! I like being prepared!

Ordered about 5-6 cases, charging cords, convertible wireless charger and a 256 GB micro SD card.

I went a little overboard and spent in upwards of $300. I like to accessorize though as I also like to switch cases quite frequently. My wife will probably hang me when they arrive today as I am at work right now but what are you gonna do. Can't say it's the first time she will have given me the "stank eye". It's my cross to bear. Ha ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38