When I have google mail, the number of emails show is wrong, how do I fix this
    Arcam likes this.
    03-30-2018 09:24 AM
    I assume you're talking about the unread count badge on the Gmail icon. Which launcher are you using? The stock launcher, or a 3rd party one like Nova?

Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for something like BadgeProvider. Clear its app cache/data, and see if the problem persists.
    03-30-2018 12:33 PM
    I assume you're talking about the unread count badge on the Gmail icon. Which launcher are you using? The stock launcher, or a 3rd party one like Nova?

Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for something like BadgeProvider. Clear its app cache/data, and see if the problem persists.
    I have an S9 and I'm having a similar problem. For example, if I have 4 new emails, the notification badge will says "25" or some really huge number.
    Arcam likes this.
    04-04-2018 06:37 PM

This didn't do it..... Thanks anyway....
    Arcam likes this.
    04-05-2018 12:24 PM
    Before going any further, open your Gmail and go to the "All Mail" label, just to make sure there aren't some older unread emails that you may not have been aware of.

If you've confirmed that all mail has been read, you can try something that's a bit more drastic, which requires you to set your homescreens up again. Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and look for the Samsung launcher app (I'm not sure what it's called now -- used to be TouchWiz, but now that the UI is called Samsung Experience, it'll be listed as something different). Select it and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will wipe your homescreens and your launcher settings, which means you'll have to set everything back up -- but it has helped this type of issue in the past.
    04-05-2018 01:28 PM
    Experiencing the same issue, the unread count seems to be totally random, 2 unread = 4 showing as unread, 4 unread = 25 showing as unread.

I don't fancy wiping my home screen setup but I will give it a go.
    04-17-2018 05:41 AM
    Routinely happening on my N8
    04-17-2018 09:22 AM
    I've noticed this over the past couple of days.
    04-17-2018 12:36 PM
    I've noticed this over the past couple of days.
    And I'm on Verizon
    04-17-2018 12:37 PM
    This started on my Note 8 (unlocked Verizon) after the Oreo update. Same as everyone else.
    04-24-2018 12:47 PM
    I'm seeing the same thing as well. I have multiple gmail accounts on my phone and it seems to take the number of unread emails and multiply it times the number of accounts. I just performed a test. I have three gmail accounts that the app monitors. I sent one message and it was fine, a second message showed 6 unread emails, a third message resulted in 9 unread emails.
    05-10-2018 11:17 AM
    Me too. Galaxy S9+. Perhaps this should be moved to a different forum as it doesn't appear to be specific to a certain phone model?
    05-10-2018 07:59 PM