Facebook App Problems

wchestnut

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
About a week ago, I discovered I can't type anything in the Create Post screen where it says "What's on your mind". I can select select one of the options below the text field, like "Photos/Video", "Tag Friends", "Feeling/Activity", "Check-In", etc. But I just can't type anything in the "Whats on your mind?" area or press "Post" in the upper-right corner of the app. I've never had this problem on my Note 8 before.

I tried uninstalling it, but apparently I can only uninstall the latest Update -- which is probably the cause of the problem. Rebooting doesn't help, either.

wchestnut

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you uninstall the updates, are you then able to type?

It might also be a screen overlay issue: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-turn-screen-overlay-samsung-galaxy-s8

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, once I uninstall the update, it forces me to reinstall it before I can use the Facebook app.

I went to the "APPS THAT CAN APPEAR ON TOP" screen -- and there are a ton of them. I have no idea which one could be causing the problem. I'm just wondering it if would cause problems if I disabled all of them.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the same exact problem. I switched to Facebook lite for a couple days, then went back to the regular app and it's working again

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have disabled the Facebook app due to multiple issues and horrendous battery drain. I placed a shortcut to the website on my home screen. I have also had luck with Facebook lite app.

MaryJane611

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem, also beginning about a week ago, but only in the late evening. When I saw the overlay bit above, I paused my evening-activated red filter, and that did the trick.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I went to the "APPS THAT CAN APPEAR ON TOP" screen -- and there are a ton of them. I have no idea which one could be causing the problem. I'm just wondering it if would cause problems if I disabled all of them.

One of the more common culprits would be an app that either dims the screen or acts as a blue light filter (as MaryJane611 found out above).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech