security patches are coming a lot faster

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
For all the uproar there has been about Samsung and security patches they really are coming out quicker now.
I got the June one around mid July which I though was relatively early, then the July one came just a few days into August and today I got the 1st August one.
Unlocked but through carrier Exynos version if that makes any difference

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Unlocked Virgin Mobile Canada and still on June.

Wrote too soon as I was writing July 1 came through with 428 MB.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not for Verizon users. I was getting monthly updates around the 25th or 26th of each month. That didn't happen in July. Still sitting on the June update.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
For all the uproar there has been about Samsung and security patches they really are coming out quicker now.
I got the June one around mid July which I though was relatively early, then the July one came just a few days into August and today I got the 1st August one.

Which carrier?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, they'll be "quick" for the first sixth months to a year and get slower as that OEM puts out new devices.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the August update waiting on WiFi connectivity right now but I'm at work with no WiFi. AT&T is the carrier.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had my T-Mobile Note8 for 11 months, and it's had 9 firmware versions (original plus 8 updates). That's not too bad, especially since they were prompt in patching the few severe vulnerabilities that popped up during that time.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Yes definately, I got June and July about mid month then August within the first week of the month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer