Why doesn't Google make a phone with faster charging speeds?

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Until Google gets the overheating issues in their chips resolved, they're not going to add faster charging. Honestly though, all of my Android phones have gotten warmer than I like in hot weather, so I haven't noticed the Pixel being noticeably hotter, but I've seen quite a few comments about it.

It may seem like a bandaid, but I feel like Google is on the right track having a fan in the Pixel Stand 2. I had stopped using wireless charging before I got that. Don't know if it would keep up with faster charging then it has, but it's nice. I'd actually been searching for a stand with a fan in it, and recently the Pixel Stand came up in my search results. I didn't know it had a fan in it before that.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Until Google gets the overheating issues in their chips resolved, they're not going to add faster charging. Honestly though, all of my Android phones have gotten warmer than I like in hot weather, so I haven't noticed the Pixel being noticeably hotter, but I've seen quite a few comments about it.

It may seem like a bandaid, but I feel like Google is on the right track having a fan in the Pixel Stand 2. I had stopped using wireless charging before I got that. Don't know if it would keep up with faster charging then it has, but it's nice. I'd actually been searching for a stand with a fan in it, and recently the Pixel Stand came up in my search results. I didn't know it had a fan in it before that.
I don't know if I'm lucky or not but my Phone doesn't really seem to get warm except sometimes in the wireless magnetic charger I have in my car but it's in the event so I just blow the air from the vent to the back of the phone. I briefly owned the pixel charger and it seemed pretty worthless. Half the time didn't even recognize the phone or charge it. I had such high hopes for it

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a vent mount in my truck. Great for navigation, but it loosens over time. Looking for a solid mount that I can move partly over the vent when needed.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Luckily my phone mount is right in front of my vents. So the ac blows on my phone and cools it while it's charging. At least in the summer.
97ce3e972916dd63294b8685dea436bf.jpg

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this mount with good success. You tighten down the part that grips the vent and so far I haven't had any issues with it loosening like I did with my previous ones. I got the Moment magsafe case.
Looking at Amazon it seems that one isn't available now, but that company has a few other models, some of which even have fans built in.

PXL_20230721_163127769~2.jpg

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this mount with good success. You tighten down the part that grips the vent and so far I haven't had any issues with it loosening like I did with my previous ones. I got the Moment magsafe case.
Looking at Amazon it seems that one isn't available now, but that company has a few other models, some of which even have fans built in.

View attachment 354805

The twist lock is interesting as it is more gradual clamping. Mine has a two position lever for different thicknesses of vent fins. The main issue is the jaws deform after a while and it loosens up. It barely fits on the large vent fins in my truck.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I think it's fairly simple. Charge the battery slowly and it does not heat up as much & therefore lasts longer.

The charging speed is more than enough for my needs and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think it's fairly simple. Charge the battery slowly and it not heat up as much & therefore last longer.

The charging speed is more than enough for my needs and I'm sure I'm not alone.
That's the question though. In real world terms how much does that faster charging affect the battery? Also depends on how long someone keeps the phone I assume. Charging speed is fine for me most of the time just occasionally I could use some speedier charging

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mairmann

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
That's the question though. In real world terms how much does that faster charging affect the battery? Also depends on how long someone keeps the phone I assume. Charging speed is fine for me most of the time just occasionally I could use some speedier charging
I've had a couple of the One Plus phones where the phone charged in a lot faster than the 90mins it takes to charge my Pixel 7 Pro, I had them all for 2 years each with good daily usage and never had an issue with the battery life or the phone overheating. I was actually surprised the first time I went to charge the Pixel and it said rapid charging but it would take 90mins. That wasn't the rapid charging I was used to with the One Plus.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had a couple of the One Plus phones where the phone charged in a lot faster than the 90mins it takes to charge my Pixel 7 Pro, I had them all for 2 years each with good daily usage and never had an issue with the battery life or the phone overheating. I was actually surprised the first time I went to charge the Pixel and it said rapid charging but it would take 90mins. That wasn't the rapid charging I was used to with the One Plus.
Thanks for the real world experience

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus does it right. Maybe others do to???
Phone never gets hot rapid charging. Any heat is kept to the charger not the phone.
Also, they use two batteries. 5000mah is really 2X2500mah.
Same with charging speed. (EXAMPLE 90 watts = 45 wattsX2)
Google needs to copy OnePlus in this area for sure.

Reactions: Snareman

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29