which carrier does the Note 8 work on? TMobile or Verizon?

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're on Oreo, it would automatically switch to T-Mobile firmware when you add the T-Mobile sim. All US Note 8's have the same hardware, so they can work on any carrier. I just picked up a Verizon Note 8 on Swappa and received it today, once I put my T-Mo sim in, it restarted and added T-Mo's apn, carrier splash screen on bootup, wi-fi calling feature, and bloat. I'm now flashing the unlocked firmware to get rid of all that though lol.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you're on Oreo, it would automatically switch to T-Mobile firmware when you add the T-Mobile sim. All US Note 8's have the same hardware, so they can work on any carrier. I just picked up a Verizon Note 8 on Swappa and received it today, once I put my T-Mo sim in, it restarted and added T-Mo's apn, carrier splash screen on bootup, wi-fi calling feature, and bloat. I'm now flashing the unlocked firmware to get rid of all that though lol.
This is correct. I have an unlocked T-Mobile Note 8 and when I insert a AT&T sim, the phone reboots, shows the AT&T boot up logo as if it were an AT&T branded phone and everything works, including WiFi calling. Even all the AT&T bloat installs including DirecTV and the MyAT&T app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo