Does a real cleaner app exist?

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
A worker at the boost mobile store told me none of the apps aside from McAfee(with a monthly fee)actually do the job it claim it does.Is there an app that actually does what it says by making sure your phone stays virus free and performing like it should,or does the one that's preinstalled get the job done?

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't use them. There's some really bad 'cleaners' out there. McAfee has a good and trusted name but it will slow your phone down a bit. In general it's best to keep your unknown sources disabled when you're not sure.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Some ppl "clean" things they shouldn't and render the device useless too. Android will clean itself nicely, a cache partition wipe after bigger updates will keep it humming sweet as.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you feel the need to clean your phone occasionally, I'd recommend just using the Device Maintenance Utility on the edge menu. I rarely use that one but once in a while I will. It's made by Samsung for your Samsung.

As far as antivirus if you are concerned about that... I do feel that Android is more vulnerable to the possibility of virus than iOS but that is depends on user and if they do stuff like side load apps and such. Don't know about McAfee but my .02 cents, I read and decided on BitDefender when I got my Note 8 after preordering two Octobers ago and it's been running in background since and forget it's there. A little piece of mind for me. And I have Google Rewards installed making Google Pay money from periodic surveys so it pays for the yearly fee for BitDefender.

I also use AdGuard for blocking ads in browser and apps and all these apps have run in background without an issue for over year. AdGuard if you keep an eye can find deals... I got 2 PC + 2 Android lifetime license for $25.

I feel those apps are the best combination and pretty much all you need.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it varies I know friends that rarely get them too. Ive used the app almost from first release so maybe makes a diff? I wouid get surveys almost every day and regularly two a day. Then when my G3 died I had to use an iPhone for a year or two and when I got my Note started again and took a while to start getting them again but now seems like a few times a week. But it's helped pay for all my in all purchases 👍

I have google opinions too though I haven't receive a survey none this year

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190220-222528_Google Opinion Rewards.jpg
    Screenshot_20190220-222528_Google Opinion Rewards.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 32

sickle79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I see I did get two in january but I dont understand why I dont get many surveys.they actually honestly took ten dollars from me about three years ago,never hear back from them about it,smh.
07ce85b4eeaa59200534b48e5e331d09.jpg

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
A worker at the boost mobile store told me none of the apps aside from McAfee(with a monthly fee)actually do the job it claim it does.Is there an app that actually does what it says by making sure your phone stays virus free and performing like it should,or does the one that's preinstalled get the job done?
A cleaning app is not the same as an anti-virus program . Your phone has android maintenance and cleaning built in. Go to settings, battery and then follow the maintenance instructions. If you want a good anti-virus, McAfee may be okay, but I like Norton. Your phone is a computer, just treat it like one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez