It has certainly been one of my favorite phones. Not perfect but I never thought it would be.

The bad.
    Most of the bad is phisically.
    The fingerprint scanner is in a bad place.
    Im not a fan of the infinity display.
    My S pen got stuck about 6 months ago.(never replaced it becuase I didnt use it enough for it to be worth it)
    Bixby can be annoying (but I can remap it soon)
    The battery could be better but its not that bad.
    Really just the typical complaints of the note8.

The good.
    Great looking screen.
    Performs fast and smooth.
    Camera works great.
    Never had much software problems if at all.
    Fingerprint is fast.
    Charging capabilitys as good as it gets.
    Has a headphone jack.
    Security patches and updates came pretty quick for a non google phone.
    Solid build and slim enough for me.

Overall this is a great phone and held up very well over time. Even the bad really is not bad. Just some things that I already kind of knew I wouldnt like about it. Except the S pen I didnt think it would break so fast and I also thought I would use it more. Regardless of the pen it is a great phone. I would rate it a 8.5/10.

The current battery usage I get from it(in pictures).
    Attached Thumbnails My note8 battery and experience after 1 year.-1709.jpg  
    03-09-2019 08:32 PM
    Mine still holds up with 10% battery = 2 hour on the battery with 1 hour SoT and that's with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mobile date and AOD running all the time, running performance mode since day one.
    Give or take a bit depending on various usage but that's sort of the average, that goes down about 30-35% if used more outdoors due to the screen brightness which really zaps battery
    03-10-2019 05:49 AM
    I've had my Note 8 since launch and have been extremely pleased with it overall. My 2 biggest complaints are Bixby and the curved edges on the sides of the screen.

Bixby: I had really high hopes for Bixby in the early going but I eventually found it to be a lot of work to set up and even more to maintain it. And it doesn't play well with others either. Can't use Bixby for hands free texting while driving unless you use the stock messaging app. No thanks. I also found Bixby to be almost completely unresponsive to voice commands while driving. Maybe it's the mic that came with my car stereo, but I doubt it since Ok Google seems to respond just fine. Maybe future generations of Bixby will prove to be more user friendly and have greater depth of the things it can do, but after nearly a year of fighting with it, I finally decided to turn it off and move on with my life.

The curved screen complaint is nothing new. Practically anyone and everyone who uses the S Pen regularly has this complaint. I think that display would be perfectly fine on the S series, but it's just a really stupid thing to put on the Note. There's a reason why no other writing surface in the history of mankind ever intentionally had curved edges.

Other than that, this phone is a monster. I felt no need to upgrade to the Note 9 and unless the 10 has some truly groundbreaking features, I'll probably skip that one too. Who knows...maybe there's a Note Fold in the not too distant future.
    03-10-2019 06:10 PM
    Note Fold.... YES PLEASE...
    03-11-2019 07:06 AM
    How are you getting 7 hours screen on time? I've never been able to achieve even close too this.
    03-12-2019 12:43 AM
    How are you getting 7 hours screen on time? I've never been able to achieve even close too this.
    I use a fairly low screen brightness and was using a dark theme plus gps/location only on when needed and 7 hours SoT would be low for me.
    (i'm on Exynos UK/Ireland Vodafone unlocked version
    03-12-2019 02:27 PM
    Bixby can be annoying (but I can remap it soon)
    I've had the Bixby key remapped to Amazon Kindle for over a year now. I use an app called (strangely enough) Bixby Button Remapper.
    03-13-2019 09:23 AM
    Agreed, is still a nice phone to use, is the only ' computer ' I have..
    I also from time to time get 7+ hrs of screen on time, am in UK with a Exynos factory unlocked version..
    Have turned my fast charging off, dunno if this makes a difference to the battery..I run it in full performence mode all the time, only over use mobile data, nothing else ever turned on..screen brightness is usually around 30% constantly with blue light filter on..that only gets turned off for movies..
    03-13-2019 05:12 PM
    I love this phone but only issue I had was the battery never lasted more than 3 hours. I just tried changing the screen resolution from QHD+ to FHD+ and it resulted in amazing 4 and 1/2 hours screen time with 8% left. Never thought it makes such a huge impact.
    Attached Thumbnails My note8 battery and experience after 1 year.-18565.jpg  
    03-23-2019 03:36 PM
    I have very poor battery life. On a recent non-stop air trip from NC to AZ (just under 5 hours) the battery died just before the trip ended. I've been using the phone a lot while on vacation, my day has been starting at 0900 and often by 1700 the battery is dead. I purchased the phone when it was first released. I just looked on Amazon and see several options. If I recall correctly the battery that came with the phone is a 3300mAh Li-ion Battery. On Amazon I see two 4600mAh battery offerings and some battery case options. Any suggestions?
    07-29-2019 02:44 PM
    Screen brightness has a HUGE impact on the battery, normally I can get over 8 hours SoT and easily get a full day use but on holidays in the sun that is cut nearly in half with SoT and just about getting through the day
    08-01-2019 03:07 AM