Pie update and Facebook uses a tremendous amount of battery life??! I've installed and reinstalled.

Haley Chris

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
If you wanna use Another Facebook App there's a couple I've used There Called....Facebook Lite....Friendly and One Called Metal

andytiedye

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I think we can safely assume that the OP does not want to give up Facebook.
The 3rd-party Facebook apps I have seen are really just browsing the mobile FB web site. Are there any that are actually worth running?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I think we can safely assume that the OP does not want to give up Facebook.
The 3rd-party Facebook apps I have seen are really just browsing the mobile FB web site. Are there any that are actually worth running?
No. Facebook doesn't release APIs so third parties really can't make an app for it like Twitter got.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to Device Care in your Settings. Then go to Battery and finally Battery Usage. It should tell you what apps are using the most battery. And it could well be FB. I found my phone was eating more battery after the Pie update also, and found that Gas Buddy was the culprit. I set the app to sleep, set it so it could not use background data and even force closed it. But it started itself right back up every time. It has been a pest in the past in the same ways.

I only need the app a few times a year, so I just uninstalled it for now. Maybe they'll have it fixed by the time I need it again.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the fast responses. I won't use it on my Note 9. But the Note 8 that I gave my GF, she won't live without it.. Lol. I installed the FB lite, same thing. Turned off background and notifications. Didn't help. 2 days ago it showed 347%!! Today it shows 25.2%

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I used Facebook for work (I hate the android app) and it's only using 1% after 10 hours today.

Turn off location permission in Facebook. Also turn off autoplay for videos.

Use Facebook to log in to apps? Change to a different method of log in.

I also have turned off almost every notification in the app settings.

Clear cache and data in Facebook app. Force close and reboot phone.

Worst coded android app of all time

indian messiah

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
clearing the Facebook cache and Facebook service caches Google app cache individually helped stablisise my battery life on Pie

Go to settings- apps- choose the individual apps = storage = clear data, clear cache

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non