Blocked Call Notice every day

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I turn my Note 9 off every night. Every morning I am greeted with the same blocked call notice from May 4. It isn't a new call. I keep getting notified about the old blocked call. It is annoying.

I deleted the original blocked call in the recent call list.

I have cleared the cache for the phone by starting with finger on power, Bixby and vol up and clearing cache from the list.

I have cleared the cache for the phone app. (Stock phone app)

Is there any way to get rid of this notification being repeated every morning?

Thanks!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Highlight the phone number and select "Details" - make sure the original May 4th Call isn't being repeated every night! There may be a list of incoming calls under that same number in "History" and it's only showing you the original date like a Title for that Caller!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the May 4 call from recent calls so a new call would show up on top of the list. It has not. When I click on the notification it only says May 4.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I cleared entire phone cache, phone app cache and deleted the May 4 call.

I have not yet cleared phone app data because I wanted to know first if clearing phone date would clear all the numbers I have stored in the phone as blocked.

You said recent calls would come back but I also want to be sure all the numbers blocked in the phone app will still be blocked?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I cleared entire phone cache, phone app cache and deleted the May 4 call.

I have not yet cleared phone app data because I wanted to know first if clearing phone date would clear all the numbers I have stored in the phone as blocked.

You said recent calls would come back but I also want to be sure all the numbers blocked in the phone app will still be blocked?
Yes please do the 3 steps in that order , I have confirmed it won't delete recent calls and such

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok can try this also , go system settings>general management>reset >reset settings.
Will reset your home page .

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I've cured it. When it came up after the last reset I clicked the notification then clicked accept calls from this number.

I've restarted twice since without notification coming back. Now I blocked it not in the phone app but through VZW which lets you block numbers for 90 days.

My fingers are still crossed because sometimes it doesn't show up for a half hour.

When (if) we get 2.1 update I'll probably do a reset of everything but I don't want to do that twice.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I've cured it. When it came up after the last reset I clicked the notification then clicked accept calls from this number.

I've restarted twice since without notification coming back. Now I blocked it not in the phone app but through VZW which lets you block numbers for 90 days.

My fingers are still crossed because sometimes it doesn't show up for a half hour.

When (if) we get 2.1 update I'll probably do a reset of everything but I don't want to do that twice.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions!
Thats great your welcome!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing is happening with me. I thought it was a new call everyday, but I've noticed that it's date is from the end of April. I'll have to try accepting calls from the numbers (there are multiple in the notification) and maybe reblock them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty