System configuration update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show us a screenshot? If it's a toast notification, then you can use Toast Source to figure out which app is responsible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you swipe that notification partially to the side, do you see a gear icon? If so, tap it to see which app is giving you that notification. (You might have to long-press the notification instead.)
@mustang7757, does that look familiar to you?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you swipe that notification partially to the side, do you see a gear icon? If so, tap it to see which app is giving you that notification. (You might have to long-press the notification instead.)
I've only seen that switching carrier Sims and tapping would restart the device to apply that sims configuration

Edit : if I remember correctly it update message app to carrier configuration or something with carrier configuration.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This is what I see when I swipe to the side and tap on the gear. This screen pops up.Screenshot_20220325-114949_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I just clicked it made my phone restart and it didn't even really take more than one or two seconds it didn't show anything being downloaded or updating
It won't
You can manually check for this in settings>about phone >software information tap carrier configuration couple times Screenshot_20220325-130158_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220325-130138_Settings.jpg

Dnny Jay

Mar 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi, i literally just installed this update on my Galaxy Note 8 and now I don't have any internet access. I still get calls and texts but can't load any apps or refresh email etc. Does anyone know how I can redo this update or remove it? I've tried restarting the phone and nothing helps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, i literally just installed this update on my Galaxy Note 8 and now I don't have any internet access. I still get calls and texts but can't load any apps or refresh email etc. Does anyone know how I can redo this update or remove it? I've tried restarting the phone and nothing helps.

Welcome to AC!
Uninstall system configuration?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Which carrier are you on? Make sure the APN settings are still correct.

gnote8mass

Apr 5, 2022
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat as Dnny Jay. I'm on metropcs by tmobile. I've gone through network resets, all the troubleshooting the provider could provide. I updated the APN settings, and still no internet. Can anyone help? When I double click on the Carrier Configuration, I get the same message as above... that they cannot do that right now and to wait 24 hours. I appreciate the help here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat as Dnny Jay. I'm on metropcs by tmobile. I've gone through network resets, all the troubleshooting the provider could provide. I updated the APN settings, and still no internet. Can anyone help? When I double click on the Carrier Configuration, I get the same message as above... that they cannot do that right now and to wait 24 hours. I appreciate the help here.

Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure, are these the exact APN settings you're using? I got this from Metro's own website:

Name: Metro by T-Mobile
APN: fast.metrobyt-mobile.com
Proxy: Not Required
Port: Not Required
Username: Not Required
Password: Not Required
Server: Not Required
MMSC: http:// metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: leave it blank
MMS port: leave it blank
MCC: 310
MNC: 16
Authentication type: Not required or just use the default value shown

Last edited:

thall2022

Apr 6, 2022
Visit site
I completed the configuration update on my Note about 2 weeks ago and then my mobile data stopped working. I took it to metro and they tried everything, but said there was nothing else they could do. I switch to another phone and now there is the same update, which I'm afraid to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781